finally bought another g6!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finally bought another g6!

whatsup guys ! my name is kyle im on the east coast over here in little rhode island lol anyways, i just purchased my second g6! my first was a base v6 model however had the 17's but thats it, it had no abs no tcs but it did have the lz4 which i fell in love with. unfortunatly we had to sell it due to financial reasons. that was almost 2 years ago! and honestly ive been searching for another once since the day we sold ours lol so today i came across a 2006 g6 GT. Now i was aware it has an lx9 non-vvt but i fell in love after the first 5 minutes of driving it.. it came with a full injen cold air intake black housing projector headlights with hid's in the lows's and highs and also hid's in the fog lights and some kind of taillight covers (they look pretty cool) its a gray metallic on black leather and it is dam near mint!! the panaramic sunroof is is awesome since ive never seen one up close. anyways before i ramble on anymore it has 100k but it was only 6200$ for a quick sale it was worth every penny !

heres one for now!!

Re: finally bought another g6!

Car looks real good for 100k miles. I have to sand and paint my front bumper from all the bug guts tearing up the clear. LOL

Grats on the great find with mods included
    WAMS 91 tune,
    Racingline MMI's
    Chrome Intakes CAI (custom true ram air to come)
    35% side tint, 20% rear, 5% strip
    Debadged except GXP emblems
    Tinted tails
    Spyder tinted lights (complete rebuild + 4 projectors in design stage)
    DDM 5k HID Low's
    Polk 5000.5 amp, 12" Polk DXI sub, Pioneer 4way 6x9's. (complete system replacement soon)

Comment

lol i was thinking the same thing but i have a feeling this car was garaged and cleaned on a regular basis. which i will be doing since i work at a dealership the recon guys are awesome at cleaning cars and it only cost me 20$ and some mcdonalds lmao but yeah considering whats already in it i cant complain

but i have a question if you can help. ive read alot about tuning and so far i see the HP tune being one of the best but from what ive read they all say g6 3.5 07-up only.. does anyone not make a tune for the lx9? and what about the jet stage 2 tune? and maybe combine that with the maf fomr jet..

Comment

Welcome! As for the tune look into a WAMS tune, theyre the ones who can tune the lx9, I got my tune in from them the other week and love it so far!
        Mods: BMD Adjustable Front End Links, BMD Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Koni Yellow Sport Dampers, Pedders Lowering Springs, Brembo Upgrade, Racingline STB, Custom Intake, 8000k Lowbeam HIDs, 10000k Foglight HIDs, Badge & Doorsill Overlays, GM G6 Logo Mats, Blacked Out Window Trim, Blacked Out Grills, Pioneer Headunit, 2 10" Kenwood Subs

My Progression

BMD Performance products

Comment

Nice six. You would have to get a wams tune for the lx9. People under rate the lx9. It is a torquey motor. Lol
          Mods:Wams lx9 tune, gtp rear valance, custom Flowtech catback, volant cai and box, raceline stb, CM lowering springs, pioneer touch screen stereo, black vinyle arrow head overlays, Pontiac rear window decal and finally g6performance decals.

Not much left without dumping a few grand so I guess ill be redoing the stock sound system with polk audio everything.

Comment

i heard that the MAF from jet just makes the car run lean but when before you get the tune ask the guy whos gonna tune it about a bigger maf

Comment

I think I would stay away from the Jet chip or any other magical resistor that doesn't have dyno proof on their own site to prove their claims. As others have said and you will read a lot on this site, the WAMS tune is the way to go on these cars. I do not have one atm but is on the to do list very soon.
              WAMS 91 tune,
              Racingline MMI's
              Tinted tails
              DDM 5k HID Low's
              Polk 5000.5 amp, 12" Polk DXI sub, Pioneer 4way 6x9's. (complete system replacement soon)

Comment

i agree with the torquey motor it pulls alot better then i expected but of course im looking for more lol ill def check out the wams tune thanks guys

Comment

I have driven both the LX9 and the LZ4 motors back to back and I found absolutely no difference in performance despite the 20 hp difference. The LX9 does have better gas mileage.

Comment

Originally posted by mrslcom View Post
                    I have driven both the LX9 and the LZ4 motors back to back and I found absolutely no difference in performance despite the 20 hp difference. The LX9 does have better gas mileage.
                    yeah the lx9 does get wayyy better gas mileage, today i averaged about 23 city and for some reason it said 39-40mpg on thr highway crusing at 60mph... can this be true???

Comment

so can anyone tell me if almost 40mpg is normal for an lx9? today i drove a little over 40 miles mostly highway and when i left it said 124 miles to empty, i get home and it says 99 miles to empty and that was after shuting it off to let it reset... unless my car is magical or somthing i have no idea all i remember is my last g6 (lz4) getting 26mpg onthe highyway.. any insight would be great

Comment

Originally posted by flylikag6 View Post
                        so can anyone tell me if almost 40mpg is normal for an lx9? today i drove a little over 40 miles mostly highway and when i left it said 124 miles to empty, i get home and it says 99 miles to empty and that was after shuting it off to let it reset... unless my car is magical or somthing i have no idea all i remember is my last g6 (lz4) getting 26mpg onthe highyway.. any insight would be great
                        Could be possible I guess. I sure wouldn't mind getting that type MPG! I get about 33mpg driving just under 70 on the LY7. I wouldn't rely on the DIC for an accurate MPG. I would fill it and take down the miles. Next fill up using the same pump see what the math says on MPG.
                        WAMS 91 tune,
                        Racingline MMI's
                        Tinted tails
                        DDM 5k HID Low's

Comment

The DIC is inaccurate. It only gives you a ballpark figure and on the optimistic side.

Comment

That's not right I get 24 mpg on highway, and 17-18 in city.
                            Mods:Wams lx9 tune, gtp rear valance, custom Flowtech catback, volant cai and box, raceline stb, CM lowering springs, pioneer touch screen stereo, black vinyle arrow head overlays, Pontiac rear window decal and finally g6performance decals.

Not much left without dumping a few grand so I guess ill be redoing the stock sound system with polk audio everything.

Comment

ok the results are in folks!! and i must say im impressed but also im confused. so here goes, i filled up for 61.25$ on 87 octane i drove exactly 494 miles with the gas light on riding E as far i didnt want to so 494/16= a little over 30mpg thats with flooring it a few times but what im confused about is everyone i talk to says they get nowhere near my mileage and suggestions?

Comment

Working...
                              X