Interference in sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interference in sound

I was just wondering if anyone could give me some advice on eliminating this high pitched interference in the speakers/headunit it is a Jensen VM9311TS using the Jensen Ilink cable for it. It is only when i am in Ipod mode you can notice it when the volume is about 15 and when changing songs on the ipod menu.

PS also can someone please help me out with how to upload pics i have tried and am not that good with it.

Thanks

sound like it could be the wire maby, giving feedback from the i pod thats my guess, as 4 the photos, u have to upload a photo to a host site, such as photobucket, and insert the link to the pic, followed by the Img tag and it should work
    Originally posted by TLS2000
    They cleaned my thing out
    g6p memer 22

rip pbm 04 gto 7/7/09

1999 chevy s 10 xtreme
    2007 honda vtx1300

Comment

do you have the ipod waire running close to any wires that are carrying pwoer?
      Mike # 3!

Comment

Get rid of the Jensen headunit...thats where I'd start!
        Some days your the dog...some days your the fire hydrant!

Comment

Jensen aside, that isn't the problem.

It is most likely a signal wire running too close to a power wire, which picks up the interference.

Comment

Jensen is not the problem, so dont bother starting there. Like Interfire said, the signal wire is prolly to close to a power wire and or it is the cable itself. Try routing the wire a different way.

As for uploading pics. Clicky link Here is a how-to, althought the pics no longer work, it is very informative and helpful. Give that a shot.
            Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

thanks guys for all the help i am going to try running the wires more to the trunk away from the drivers seat. Maybe its something with the power seat or heated seat. I'll give it a try

thanks

Comment

Isolate your constant and switched 12 volts from the rest of your speaker wires. Like the other guys said, its interferance from a power source wire being to close to a signal wire. Same reason when you install an amp to run the 12 volt power to the amp on one side of the car and the rca signal wires from the H/U on the other side of the car to avoid interferance.

Comment

Working...
                X