Switchback LEDs for turn signals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Switchback LEDs for turn signals

Ok so this is a mod that takes your turn signal light and makes it white while driving and blinks amber when the turn signal is on.

Pretty simple mod, ddm has the bulb (switchback LED) and the resistors (30w)

Bulbs are plug and play but without the resistor they wont change correctly.
    The resistor is simple one end splice into the dark blue wire (major) and the other end to the black wire (ground)

The NEW G8 GXP progression build

Mrs Mancosman's midnight blue GXP build

My Progression The G6 Transformation! RIP

Re: Switchback LEDs for turn signals

Whats the bulbsize? and which resistor? Load Resistor? (im assuming the 6ohm 30w). Just wanna be sure I order the correct ones. Thanks! Awesome and very easy!
    sigpic

Mods: eBay Intake (is actually pretty good), Canuck Motorsports springs, BMD Endlinks, Debadged, HIDs (8000k Lows, 3000k fogs), Dome/Map/License LEDs, Painted Upper grills, Black Arrow Overlays, Racingline STB
    Future Mods: Exhaust, MMI, WAMS tune.
    Stylez G6 Progression

Comment

3157 for EEs and yeah the 6 ohm 50w
      Last edited by Mancosman; 09-26-2012, 09:26 PM.
      The NEW G8 GXP progression build

Mrs Mancosman's midnight blue GXP build

My Progression The G6 Transformation! RIP

Comment

I bought the 6ohm 50w resistor. Hopefully that works? Also ordered mine from DDM hoping that they'd be good. They look amazing for the $9 bucks or whatever

Comment

I've ordered 3157 bulbs from DDM and Auto Illumination and neither of the lights will stay in the socket... Any ideas?

Comment

Item Qty Brief Description Amount
            3157.60x3528-SB 2 3157 LED, 60 x 3528 SMD Switchback $17.98
            Resistor-6-Ohm-50-W 2 6 Ohm 50W LED Resistor $8.42
            APXBULBH7.8000K 1 Apexcone HID Bulb, H7, 8000K, Pair $15.00
            This is what I ordered from DDM Tuning for my Eagle Eyes Headlights. The H7s are for the low beams, and the 3157 LEDs and Resistors are to do the Switchback Mod. I just installed all of it and it took less than an hour. The diagram is a GREAT help. Only thing I could add was that my "dark blue" wire was actually purple. I'm not sure if that is something that was changed, or maybe he installed his late at night? It was extremely simple to do though. The resistors even came with the connectors to splice into the 2 wires. I will have pics and video up sometime this week. Everything worked as advertised though, no issues. Hope this helps someone!
            sigpic

Mods: eBay Intake (is actually pretty good), Canuck Motorsports springs, BMD Endlinks, Debadged, HIDs (8000k Lows, 3000k fogs), Dome/Map/License LEDs, Painted Upper grills, Black Arrow Overlays, Racingline STB
            Future Mods: Exhaust, MMI, WAMS tune.
            Stylez G6 Progression

Comment

Originally posted by Stylez View Post
              Item Qty Brief Description Amount
              3157.60x3528-SB 2 3157 LED, 60 x 3528 SMD Switchback $17.98
              Resistor-6-Ohm-50-W 2 6 Ohm 50W LED Resistor $8.42
              APXBULBH7.8000K 1 Apexcone HID Bulb, H7, 8000K, Pair $15.00
              This is what I ordered from DDM Tuning for my Eagle Eyes Headlights. The H7s are for the low beams, and the 3157 LEDs and Resistors are to do the Switchback Mod. I just installed all of it and it took less than an hour. The diagram is a GREAT help. Only thing I could add was that my "dark blue" wire was actually purple. I'm not sure if that is something that was changed, or maybe he installed his late at night? It was extremely simple to do though. The resistors even came with the connectors to splice into the 2 wires. I will have pics and video up sometime this week. Everything worked as advertised though, no issues. Hope this helps someone!
              Ordered my set tonight.
              Performance: WAMS, K&N 69 Series CAI, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust built with a Camaro SS Muffler and Glasspack with 4 inch double-wall stainless steel tips, Thunderbolt 8.2mm High-Performance Spark Plug Wires, NGK Laser Iridium Spark Plugs, Pennzoil Ultra Full Synthetic, Resonator Delete, Racingline Motor Mount Inserts, Racingline Grounding kit. (4 additional grounds from battery to front bumper for DDM tuning HIDS)

Handling: Moog Front Control Arms and Toe Ends, Racingline STB, Koni Yellow "4 Point" Suspension -Front to Rear- , Energy Suspension Poly Front Sway Bar bushings, Energy Suspension Tie-rod bushings, Energy Suspension Front Control Arm replacement mounts, Eibach Pro-kit springs, BMD Front Endlinks, Genuine Saab .9mm Rear Chamber Shims, 19mm Motorsports spacers on all 4 tires.

Stopping: Cobalt SS Front Brembo's, R1Concepts Premium Cross-slotted Front Rotors, R1Concepts Premium Cross-slotted and Drilled rear Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, ATE Super Blue Brake Fluid, BMD Steel Braided Brake Lines, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 tires.

Appearance: Revotec Eagle Eye CCFL Projectors, Red Calibers, 6000k 35w DDM fogs, 6000k 55w DDM lows, LED Taillights, DDM Tuning LED Switchback Turn Signals, Konig Crown 17x7.5 Rims. 30% tint in front windows, rear windows @ 15% tint

Safety & Security: Cobra XRS 9470 Radar Detector, Experimental 2mm rear mounted camera with Bluetooth connectivity to my phone, GOSHERS Universal Blind Spot Detection System w/ LED Indicators, Waze GPS App with a windshield mount for early warning for police coupled with Radar Detector (double-whammy).

Experimental: BG 44k, BG MOA, BG ATC, Custom Transmission Cooler, Super Secret Flux-capacitor transporter, Header reflective wrap, CAI 2000 degree radiant reflective wrap.

Progression: http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=22823

Comment

So i have the spyders and if i wanted to do this would i connect to the parking light or the light that allows the bulb to flash, since the wires are different colors? Also instead of using the quick connects would soldering work for that too?

Comment

Switchbacks are in. Sorry for the loud exhaust, my Samsung Galaxy Note II really amplifies the sound quite a bit.

Video's Below:

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

accidentally pressed the button and cut the video in half....

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
                  Performance: WAMS, K&N 69 Series CAI, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust built with a Camaro SS Muffler and Glasspack with 4 inch double-wall stainless steel tips, Thunderbolt 8.2mm High-Performance Spark Plug Wires, NGK Laser Iridium Spark Plugs, Pennzoil Ultra Full Synthetic, Resonator Delete, Racingline Motor Mount Inserts, Racingline Grounding kit. (4 additional grounds from battery to front bumper for DDM tuning HIDS)

Handling: Moog Front Control Arms and Toe Ends, Racingline STB, Koni Yellow "4 Point" Suspension -Front to Rear- , Energy Suspension Poly Front Sway Bar bushings, Energy Suspension Tie-rod bushings, Energy Suspension Front Control Arm replacement mounts, Eibach Pro-kit springs, BMD Front Endlinks, Genuine Saab .9mm Rear Chamber Shims, 19mm Motorsports spacers on all 4 tires.

Stopping: Cobalt SS Front Brembo's, R1Concepts Premium Cross-slotted Front Rotors, R1Concepts Premium Cross-slotted and Drilled rear Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, ATE Super Blue Brake Fluid, BMD Steel Braided Brake Lines, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 tires.

Appearance: Revotec Eagle Eye CCFL Projectors, Red Calibers, 6000k 35w DDM fogs, 6000k 55w DDM lows, LED Taillights, DDM Tuning LED Switchback Turn Signals, Konig Crown 17x7.5 Rims. 30% tint in front windows, rear windows @ 15% tint

Safety & Security: Cobra XRS 9470 Radar Detector, Experimental 2mm rear mounted camera with Bluetooth connectivity to my phone, GOSHERS Universal Blind Spot Detection System w/ LED Indicators, Waze GPS App with a windshield mount for early warning for police coupled with Radar Detector (double-whammy).

Experimental: BG 44k, BG MOA, BG ATC, Custom Transmission Cooler, Super Secret Flux-capacitor transporter, Header reflective wrap, CAI 2000 degree radiant reflective wrap.

Progression: http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=22823

Comment

Working...
                  X