***BMD Performance: SS Brake Lines Review***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ***BMD Performance: SS Brake Lines Review***

Alright fellas just would like to start off by saying that Bryant from BMD Performance is a great seller. He was very informative and communicated well during the promo sale. I received my SS lines in a timely manner and could not be happier with the quality. The install took me around 2 hours. As for the performance side of it, braking is smoother and more responsive. I have a 07 3.5 Non-ABS as of now no lock up issues just some solid stopping. Anyways let me know if any of you guys have any questions or concerns. I highly recommend this product.

Custom Flowmaster Exhaust- CRAB Heat Shield- Tiger Ram- Painted Cals- Painted Grills- Eibach ProKit- Racingline S/B- Racingline G/K- Injen Air Intake- Spyder Headlights w/ DDM 5000k Lows- DDM 5000k Fogs- Plasti-Dip Solstice Wheels w/ 5mm Spacers/ Painted- Painted Intake Manifold- Hood Spacers- RotorPros Front/ Rear D/S Rotors- BMD-P Fr. Endlinks- BMD-P SS Brake Lines...

Progression:
    http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=18485

Re: ***BMD Performance: SS Brake Lines Review***

Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
    Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
    WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Originally posted by JGP21 View Post
      Alright fellas just would like to start off by saying that Bryant from BMD Performance is a great seller. He was very informative and communicated well during the promo sale. I received my SS lines in a timely manner and could not be happier with the quality. The install took me around 2 hours. As for the performance side of it, braking is smoother and more responsive. I have a 07 3.5 Non-ABS as of now no lock up issues just some solid stopping. Anyways let me know if any of you guys have any questions or concerns. I highly recommend this product.

Non-ABS? I thought ABS was standard on cars nowadays.
      sigpic
      MY PROGRESSION:
      http://www.g6performance.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20385

Mods: Classic Performance Exhaust, WAMS 93 Octane tune, Crab Intake, and a whole lot more...

Comment

Originally posted by Neatong6er View Post
        Non-ABS? I thought ABS was standard on cars nowadays.
        Chris's car didn't have ABS when I swapped out springs..

Current Modifications: 18' Sky Wheels w/ 245/40-18 Tires, 25mm Spacers, Megan Racing Coilovers, Racingline STB, JPE Rear Camber Kit, Energy Suspension Poly Bushings, Painted Calipers, Double Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Ceramic Brake Pads, Street Series MMI, CRABS with FPU, NGK Iridium Plugs, Kingsborne 8mm Wires, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Custom 2ga Grounding Kit, DDM 6k HIDs High/Low/Fog, Halos, High/Fog Mod, Chrome Recessed Upper and Lower Grills, GM Ground Effects Kit, GXP Rear Bumper, GXP Sedan Hammerhead, 15% Tint, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Painted Mirror Caps, Tinted Tails, QuickLifts, PAC Audio Input, Interior LED Conversion, Dash LED Accents, 3W LED Trunk Lighting

Comment

yeah my 08 doesnt have abs either =/

Comment

I was wondering how often do you have to change the SS brake lines? I read on some other forums that you have to replace them every 4-6 years.
            sigpic
            Electrical: * SPYDER Smoke Halo Projector Headlights w/ Morimoto H1 projector retrofit and custome LED Halo rings * HID Conversion Kit 8000K * Alpine Type S SPS-619 and SPS-610C Speakers * MTX Terminator TNP212D2 Dual 12" Subwoofers * Red LED Lighting Front + Dome, Blue LED in Trunk, White LED License Plate * Tinted Tail Lights/LED's Looks: * Carbon Fiber Decals * 15% Tint in the Back and on Top of Windshield, 35% Tint in the Front * Tinted cover on Licence plate * 5mm Wheel Spacers in the Front, 25mm in the Back * Enkei EKM 3 in Hyper Silver 18x8 Performance: * Flowmaster Muffler 80 Series w/ Cherry Bomb Glasspack, 3.5" Double Walled/Slant Exhaust Tips * Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus on 225/45/18 * Brembo conversion in the front * BMD SS brake lines * CMS springs * Racingline strut bar

Comment

Originally posted by Trompii View Post
              I was wondering how often do you have to change the SS brake lines? I read on some other forums that you have to replace them every 4-6 years.
              Stainless brake lines can last the life of the vehicle. All of our brake lines are pressure tested for leaks before leaving and are DOT certified for street use. Problem with some low quality stainless lines needing to be replaced is that dirt and other abrasive grit can get underneath the stainless sheath and wear down the inner teflon tube and cause leaks. Our brake lines however have a clear vinyl coating over the stainless sheath, this prevents any dirt from getting under the sheath and prevents those problems from occuring. If you are worried though, its never a bad idea to check brakes lines periodically for any signs of fatigue. I for one take a visual inspection of them every time I have the wheels off just for good measure. One thing is for sure though, and its that our braided lines will outlast the life of the OEM rubber ones. Hope this helps to answer youre question! If you have any others feel free to let me know!
              Mods: BMD Adjustable Front End Links, BMD Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Koni Yellow Sport Dampers, Pedders Lowering Springs, Brembo Upgrade, Racingline STB, Custom Intake, 8000k Lowbeam HIDs, 10000k Foglight HIDs, Badge & Doorsill Overlays, GM G6 Logo Mats, Blacked Out Window Trim, Blacked Out Grills, Pioneer Headunit, 2 10" Kenwood Subs

My Progression

BMD Performance products

Comment

Working...
              X