Black Cat Custom Gauges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Cat Custom Gauges

I just got off the phone with Black Cat Custom who some of you may remember from last fall. They were working on getting some custom color gauges pushed out for the G6 but things fell behind. Well, they are back at it again and need some input from those who know. Being as I am still a novice to the G6 game, I figured who better to ask than you guys!

Anyway, onto the question. BCC is ready to make the custom gauge clusters for the GTP, however they are unsure of whether they can do a swap-out on the gauge clusters. What he is thinking is we give him the stock set and he'll send us the new set customized, however he is unsure if the G6 can take any ol' gauge cluster and be fine, or if he would have to reprogram the ones we send. If this doesn't make any sense, please let me know and I'll get in contact with him.

He also said that he would love to have a test subject. He is in the Niagara area, so that is a bit too far of a drive from Cincy. If there is anybody in or around that area that would be interested in stopping by his shop so that all the questions can be definitively answered, that would be great. His contact info is on the website link I provided above. He said the more interest there is in this, the more money he will be willing to throw at finding answers to his questions.

Sorry I can't offer more info, but let me know if you need any more and I'll see what I can do.

BTW, here is a link directly to the G6 cluster
    2007 Black GTP w/ Taupe interior - SOLD 2/29/2012
    1/4: 14.341 @ 97.29 mph

i was told by my shop that each cluster is car specific and has to be programmed for them

i know because mine quit working 3 times and i asked about buying a cheap one on ebay

he said another for a g6 might work, but good shot it wont unless they fix it tooo

Comment

yeah I have heard the clusters are individual for each car even though they are physically the same thing so an overlay would be the best bet not to mention a bit cheaper than a whole cluster.
      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

I'd be willing to provide my car up for testing..

..except I now have a hate on for that company.

sigpic
        Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Originally posted by TLS2000
          I'd be willing to provide my car up for testing..

..except I now have a hate on for that company.
          Hate on for the company? What happened?
          BCG Member #1::G6er Elite

Comment

I was trying to get white faced gauges done up for the Canadian's on the site, and after some exchanged e-mail with them, they stopped replying altogether.

They indicated that they've already done US gauges, which is obviously a lie based on what has been indicated here. They wanted a picture of the Canadian gauges to compare the two.

sigpic
            Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

thats right, you said you sent them pics and they never got back to you. What a bunch of crap-glad I'm not in Canada
              TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

I was actually looking forward to those white face gauges...too bad they fell through.

Edit: was just checking out the site....they appear to have them in metric?

Black Cat Custom Pontiac G6 Gauge Faces in kmh. Available in white or silver or choose from an array of pearl colors.

Comment

Black Cat guages

Has anybody out there gotten the Black Cat white face guage package in the Canadian form with metric for an '06 G6 GTP?
                  I see by the company's site that they are available but would like to know if they fit well, install easily etc. Also how long did shipping take and do they work well with the red lighting?
                  I'm trying to make the cockpit more alive than that all black funereal look.
                  GTPdriver
                  G. Stephen Day

Comment

They are NOT available, and I have no idea why they have them on their site. Once again, they never returned my e-mails, and they don't have a picture of these gauges, which says to me that they still haven't developed them.

sigpic

Comment

I thought that everyone's gauges were universal?

I can switch between standard and metric through my stereo computer - Just go to the "UNITS: ENGLISH" setting and change it to "METRIC".

I had considered making some sick youtube video with the thing set to metric, hehe

J
                      06 G6 GTP Coupe - Auto - Black Outside, Taupe Leather Inside. Dr. Speed Stage 2 intake, duplicolor red calipers, rkvinyl eyelids, hammerhead spoiler (not GXP version)

Comment

they are taht way

but canadians dont drive in mphs....so they numbers on speedometer are different

Comment

Originally posted by NewGuy
                          I thought that everyone's gauges were universal?

I can switch between standard and metric through my stereo computer - Just go to the "UNITS: ENGLISH" setting and change it to "METRIC".

I had considered making some sick youtube video with the thing set to metric, hehe

J
                          My speedometer goes to 240.

Comment

Again, I do not recommend this company. They stopped replying to my e-mails, and my buddy's gauges on his Cavalier are peeling (black cat custom gauges)

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X