WAMS Tune 2.4L 91 Octane Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WAMS Tune 2.4L 91 Octane Review

I have a 2008 2.4L G6 with only a strut bar mod. I ordered the Wams tune 91 octane to help wake up the car just a little bit on the highways so i could merge with more ease and hopefully gain some MPG.

I have had the Wams tune installed for ~ 1 hour now so here is my initial review:

Immediately it is apparent that shifting is much better. The car is much smoother and responsive off the line and im not talking about balls to the wall, im talking about at a stop light.

The best way to describe the tune is that it feels like the car got lighter, its no longer winded.

I was only able to go a few miles down the highway because of traffic but I can say that that there is a difference there too, but for me the biggest difference I felt was around town.

Regarding MPG, way too early to tell so I will update this after i get a good week of driving in, i maintained 26.5 Combined BEFORE the tune, so I hope i can beat that.

The verdict:
    This tune is exactly what i wanted, its not going to blow you away but the difference is absolutely there. Chris does great work, he may be somewhat slow or non existent on replies because he is busy, this can be scary but I would recommend this tune to everyone! I placed my order for a replacement ECM/TCM on AUG 11th and I received my tune AUG 29th. I don't do any racing or anything (after all i did buy a 4 cylinder car..) So this was more of me making my car the best it can be stock and I believe I succeeded with wams tune.

If anyone has any questions I'd be glad to try and answer them.

Re: WAMS Tune 2.4L 91 Octane Review

Lucky.... I know he had to order mine.... and we ordered at the same time....
    WHAT DO YOU MEAN I'M OUT OF VESPENE GAS?!?!?!
    I'm just one Asian with a American habit

Comment

I would wait a bit longer to do your review. You have to drive at least 100mi to relearn your cars parameters.
      2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
      Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
      Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
      2005 CGM GTO.
      386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
      2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Originally posted by WoodburyMan View Post
        I would wait a bit longer to do your review. You have to drive at least 100mi to relearn your cars parameters.
        Perfect, I will update after a week or so and let everyone know if i notice any changes, and specifically if my gas mileage has improved or decreased.

Comment

This is a 200 mile update. I've driven 200 miles on the wams tune and it is still great.

My MPG before wams was 26.2 MPG combined and now with wams tune it is 27.4 and still climbing.

Overall this is a great product.

Comment

Working...
          X