Painted Engine Cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painted Engine Cover

I was surprised to see nobody do this one yet... I decided to take off the engine cover and paint it while I had the hood open and was taking out that resonator. Here are some pics, will post one up when I can take the tape off the numbers and get it back on the engine in a couple hours or so.

Originally posted by Toyz
    Originally posted by simplyred
    what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
    As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

NICE!!!
    2005 G6 V6 in granite metallic, Kenwood DDX6019 touch screen DVD radio, 2 12" Kicker Solo-Baric L7s, Dynamat, Orion 2400 amp, Power Acoustik 4F cap, XBOX 360, Chrome window trim, Quicklift kit

Comment

Questions-me and Coupe were talking about doing this.

What type of paint did you use-rattle can? engine enamel? plastic paint? caliper paint?

Do you have plans on painting the 3500 V6?

Also can you post a couple pics of the cover on the car? I'm thinking about either painting the engine cover like you did or paint the upper portion of the intake manifold. Looks good man, that paint is SHINY!!
      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

I used the Krylon Fusion (made for plastic) I had the engine running and took the cover off to the guy and he felt it and went, "any paint should work" he could be wrong but the plastic wasnt all that hot at all. You could use engine paint in a can but the colors arent as nice as normal paint. If the paint cant handle the heat its as simple as sanding it down and using engine paint, but the peice has foam underneath it, so if it got THAT hot, wouldnt it melt the foam because its just cheap ass foam!! Yeah I should be able to put it on the engine in an hour or so just to be safe and let it sit all night long I'm going to leave the 3500 silver like it came from the factory, I was going to do it black but decided not to... will post pics asap![/u]

Comment

Dude I might do that because I have a spare can of red in the basement... BE RIGHT BACK!!!!!

2005 G6 V6 in granite metallic, Kenwood DDX6019 touch screen DVD radio, 2 12" Kicker Solo-Baric L7s, Dynamat, Orion 2400 amp, Power Acoustik 4F cap, XBOX 360, Chrome window trim, Quicklift kit

Comment

do you have a red car LOL, if not.. I might pic a different color!

Comment

Thanks for the pics man, as for the paint-the foam may not melt but it will possibly get warm just enough to make the paint gunny again. Its just a possibility but I really don't see it happening. Once the paint heats up and cools down a few times it should be good to go. I painted the IDE cover on my cavvy with engine enamel and I never had any problems with that and that site between each side of the cam cover-I'll throw a pic up....

Thats the painted IDE cover along with the polished cam cover that took me a few hours. The Weapon R intake is right under all that.
              TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

I have granite metallic... so your suggesting paint everything gray even though it already is? Hahaha... maybe red engine cover/battery cover might look good with a painted red pontiac dart above it. hmmmmm

Comment

I didnt even think about the Battery cover... kudos on that one... thats next on the list LOL

Comment

why dont we alternate so we can see how they look when they are on the car LOL

Comment

lol, but seriously though i might just paint em both tonight and maybe start on that pontiac dart too

Comment

yeah I'm thinking battery too... I will have a pic of the engine cover on the car in a few.. dunno how good the pic will come out tho cuz its dark out, but my cam has like 25 different flashes and setting so we'll see what I can do! Heres one with the letters unmasked!

Comment

Yaa definitely mask the letters when painting the covers. I'd use engine enamel that withstands temps past 500 degrees.
                          -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Here are the pics of it on the engine... I'm not going to paint the battery box because I think it would to much red and take away from the engine cover. I've always said Im a firm believer in less is more and I think that opening up the engine compartment and seeing the red engine cover and battery box would be to much (for me at least), I'll have to see how it looks on yours, but I like having the one single red item in the trunk.. I think it makes more of a statement! But my opinion is about as worthless as tits on a bowl to most of yah sooo to each his own LOL

Comment

Well done. I will have to do that soon. I likes.
                              Originally posted by Nikki
                              You are an e-pimp.
                              Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
                              I tried too, my penis way too big
                              07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
                              My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
                              The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

Working...
                              X