Solstice wheels...an option?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solstice wheels...an option?

Ive recently been looking into aftermarket wheels and found them to be rather pricy, I was originaly looking at buying the Solstice and noticed the wheel size (18in), bolt patern (5x110) and offset (approx. 40mm) are the same as the G6 with the exeption that the solstice wheels are wider.I'm guessing 18x8 compared to our 18x7. I like the G6 polished wheels which I have but I like the wider look of the Solstice wheels and the fact that they are chrome. GM Parts Direct shows a set of 4 are priced at around $400 and there are two styles to choose from. Not sure of exact fit for G6 but it does pose an interesting and possibly less expensive option. NOTE: I do not know for sure that these wheels will fit the G6.
    '07 vert w/ 3.9 HO performance package, remote start, Monsoon audio w/XM & 6 disc, Mods; Doctor Speed CAI stage 3 w/stage 4 upgrade, red calipers, inset and lower grilles, full GM body kit, JET mass air sensor, GMPD stut tower brace w/ emblem, GT door emblems, white face gauges.

I know the solstice wheels I have seen are expensive as all hell, just a note.
    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

I seriously that a set of 4 wheels are $400. Please check the price again.
      2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
      Forge Motorsports BPV
      CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
      HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
      HyperTech Max Energy Tune

Comment

perhaps I'm looking in all the wrong places.
        TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Ok maybe this will help... go to gmpartsdirect.com, accessories, accessory parts, pontiac, solstice-2007-GXP. Scroll down to the bottom of page 18inch chrome MB222, set of 4 w/ no center caps or lug nuts $439.75. Pontiac.com shows these wheels as a $1900 option whithout wheels, GM parts dealer.com shows them for $1600 a set. Unless its a typo thats the price. I found it hard to believe also thats why I posted it.
          '07 vert w/ 3.9 HO performance package, remote start, Monsoon audio w/XM & 6 disc, Mods; Doctor Speed CAI stage 3 w/stage 4 upgrade, red calipers, inset and lower grilles, full GM body kit, JET mass air sensor, GMPD stut tower brace w/ emblem, GT door emblems, white face gauges.

Comment

Pontiac.com shows these wheels as a $1900 option whithout wheels

sorry without tires

Comment

hmm they have 2 different numbers for the same thing it seems..the one you list is the 2nd choice, but it does say quantity of 4

17801222--519.71 per wheel
              17801223--439.75 per 4 wheels

seems a bit odd, something has to be different even though picture shows same wheel

oh i see....it is price per unit at that cost (meaning if you buy 4 they are that much, if you buy one they are the 519.71

Comment

Damn, didnt notice that until I did a checkout! , new it was too good to be true. Guess its back to looking at aftermarket, thanks bluegtp33
                for pointing that out, didnt think to look at the individual price.

Comment

not a problem

Comment

mmmhmmm telling me they're not expensive!

Comment

I always see these wheels when I search G6 on ebay, and I'm so tempted to drop the cash for them. They are hot!

-Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

I say go for it!!!! If I wasn't spending so much money on my other mods, I would get these. I like the looks of these a lot, probably the best I've seen for the G6!

Comment

I like the first ones as opposed to the second pic posted.

Comment

oh ya, there was also a set of chrome GTP rims on ebay for around $1100. They looked slightly different from stock, but basically the same style.
                            -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
                              oh ya, there was also a set of chrome GTP rims on ebay for around $1100. They looked slightly different from stock, but basically the same style.
                              There is someone "G6GTPV6HO" on this forum with chrome dipped GTP rims. They look freaking hot and I've been considering getting them. I spoke with him about them and apparently the company (socalwheel.com) sends you a chrome set and then you have to send them your stock ones to use as their next set of cores. He told me the price with shipping is approximately $1000. Maybe we could swing a group buy to get an even better price, because they are sweet.

Here are pics of them on his ride:
                              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2447354
                              -Kevin
                              2006 G6 Sedan GT (12/31/2005 - 11/5/2006. RIP)
                              2007 G6 Sedan GTP (finally arrived 1/9/2007)

Comment

Working...
                              X