H1 (original) Hummer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 (original) Hummer

So I don't think this was ever brought up but why did GM stop selling the original Hummer, H1? My dream vehicle was an H1 wagon in either silver or black. I used to read articles all the time about the H1 and how they get more attention driving down the road than a European sports car which in my opinion is completely true.
    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Not enough demand, and they're being phased out of military use.

That and they look better to the greenies.
    2006 Saturn ION Redline...slightly modded.

Comment

holy shit they're being phased out of the military!!! what are they going to use/contract with now??
      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

The H1 was the only true Hummer in my opinion. All these new ones coming out are jokes.
        -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
          The H1 was the only true Hummer in my opinion. All these new ones coming out are jokes.
          Oh hell yeah, I couldn't agree more. The H2 is just a piece of crap especially off road and the H3 is just kinda stupid IMO.

Comment

I think the H2 was based off a Suburban platform, or that might have been the H3, don't remember. Now they're coming out with an H4
            -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

H2 was Suburband or Tahoe I dont remember and H3 should be the old S style Blazer
              Originally posted by Toyz
              Originally posted by simplyred
              what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
              As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

There being phased out because they only sold like 90ish of them the first quarter of last year. Also I cant find the artical but if I do I will post the link but GM ONLY owns the rights to the civialian production and sales. They dont make the real milatary Hummers, some other compainy does from what I have heard before.
                2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
                Gotta have it Green color
                Brembo brake package
                420 HP 5.0L
                Ford Racing Power Pack
                GT500 track pack differential cover
                BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

well with a price tag of 140K for the one I was looking at not many people can afford them so what do they really expect for numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by dre256
                    There being phased out because they only sold like 90ish of them the first quarter of last year. Also I cant find the artical but if I do I will post the link but GM ONLY owns the rights to the civialian production and sales. They dont make the real milatary Hummers, some other compainy does from what I have heard before.
                    civilian model is a Hummer, military model is a Hum-Vee...they are technically different vehicles.

H2 is built on the Yukon/Tahoe platform...it's just a glorified Tahoe with a square body.

Comment

I have just a little expierence with the hmmwv and we have done some crazy crap with these. Like way more than the recomended angles and the only thing I had a problem with is the non turbo motors. They are dogs. I have driven some with big ass shelters on the back to cargo trucks and gun trucks. I like the shell back kit with the turret on the top personally. Add the up armor kit and you are slowwwww. Steering lines busting and you just seem to get slower as time goes on. Great for off road use but not that great when you are cruzing down the road wanting to go as fast as you can. Oh and the hoods are fiberglass and the brush guard isjust for brish. It is some cheap ass 1/4 inch metal that bends like crazy so you really cant just ram someone to get them out of the way. H2 H3 get 2 thumbs down. If I wanted a tahoe I would buy a tahoe and if I wanted a a coloraso With a camper I would get one of those.
                      Originally posted by Nikki
                      You are an e-pimp.
                      Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
                      I tried too, my penis way too big
                      07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
                      My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
                      The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

I'd love to take one of those out and just beat the hell outta it in the desert here in AZ.

Comment

To be honest the ones we had didn't hold up well mostly because we had them sit most of the time. They leaked att the time and I had to change seals like crazy. They take alot of maint. But are fun to play with.
                          Originally posted by Nikki
                          You are an e-pimp.
                          Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
                          I tried too, my penis way too big
                          07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
                          My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
                          The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

we saw one out here at the river bottom by Luke Air Force Base and they hit a mudpit at about 50 and the think just died-had to be pulled out.

Comment

I actually like the H2, the SUT looks pretty cool imo. I think the H3 though is a complete joke.

Comment

Working...
                              X