Blue on White gauges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue on White gauges

Car is ordered, however once it arrives, I'm looking to do a blue on white gauge interior w/ blue LED's on the side. I know there are some instructions out there on how to change out the colors, however it is really hard to sift through all the posts. Can those who know post some links to instructions and examples of changing gauge colors? Thanks all!!
    2007 Black GTP w/ Taupe interior - SOLD 2/29/2012
    1/4: 14.341 @ 97.29 mph

gauge colors? the only overlays are white overlays for the gauges. Or do you mean the trim around them?
    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

here's half of what you are looking for.

I shit you not, I searched for "blue led" in interior mods, electrical mods and general mods and found it in 2 minutes

I know there is a pic of blue lit gauges somewhere but it is 5:00 so I'm going home
      BMG Cofounder who happens to be a Petrolsexual
      ^ The Man
      v The Legend

Comment

Originally posted by LoJac963
        gauge colors? the only overlays are white overlays for the gauges. Or do you mean the trim around them?
        I'm looking for the white over lays with the blue accents. Is it all an LED decision?
        2007 Black GTP w/ Taupe interior - SOLD 2/29/2012
        1/4: 14.341 @ 97.29 mph

Comment

yeh you would have to change the leds in your actual cluster

Comment

which entails desoldering all the micro LED's and installing red ones I believe?
            TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

yeah a member on gmownersclub replaced all the red leds with white ones and put blue into the gauge needles. i wanted to leave the lights red and do blue needles but don't feel like trashing my gauges.

http://www.gmownersclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1491

another problem is that i am pretty sure the current white face gauges available for our cars have the red built into them, so it would be a PITA to change.

Comment

I'm not sure if the red is built into the overlays or not but those gauges above are absolutely badazz! I might consider possibly picking up a second cluster to just play around with it-I really like those gauges above!

Comment

i saw those gauges a while back and about peed my pants! i loved em and was really considering doing that but it doesnt go with the color scheme im going to go with on my car so i just leave it all red.

Comment

Originally posted by LoJac963
                    I'm not sure if the red is built into the overlays or not but those gauges above are absolutely badazz! I might consider possibly picking up a second cluster to just play around with it-I really like those gauges above!
                    if you look at the stock gauges they are black background with white/clear highlights (all the numbers, symbols, hash marks, etc). the white faces are white background with red highlights. for blue gauges i think you would need to keep the stock face and replace the lights.

another option is to call Black Cat Custom. they offer white, silver, and yellow face gauges that utilize the stock lighting system, so i would imagine it would retain the red lights somehow. although unlikely that they have white face gauges with clear writing it wouldn't hurt to call and ask what they have or if they could possibly make them for you. i know a lot of s-series guys have their gauges and are very happy with them.

Comment

Originally posted by bristol16
                      another option is to call Black Cat Custom. they offer white, silver, and yellow face gauges that utilize the stock lighting system, so i would imagine it would retain the red lights somehow. although unlikely that they have white face gauges with clear writing it wouldn't hurt to call and ask what they have or if they could possibly make them for you. i know a lot of s-series guys have their gauges and are very happy with them.
                      I'd just like to point something out here.

Black Cat Custom is the company that I contacted to make a Canadian version of the white faced gauges. I had interest from at least six different people and Black Cat Custom said that they could easily do it. They asked me to send them a picture of the Canadian gauges so that they could compare them to the US gauges.

Despite my efforts to contact them multiple times after sending in my pictures, I have never heard back from them.

sigpic
                      Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

do they have something against Canada or what?!?!

Comment

The site has them for the G6 in yellow, white and silver
                          but is set to stock on the light colors. Arnt the LED's below
                          the face plate?
                          Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                          Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                          WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Originally posted by Lampoon
                            The site has them for the G6 in yellow, white and silver
                            but is set to stock on the light colors. Arnt the LED's below
                            the face plate?
                            yeah the LEDs are underneath the overlay mounted on the gauge cluster. so basically you get a different color face but stay with red lighting.

Comment

ops. they have other colors for $15 more bucks. Saphire blue? hmmmmm
                              Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                              Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                              WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Working...
                              X