Metra's 99-3303 Adapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metra's 99-3303 Adapter

Was just looking at the sticky up top and clicked on this link: http://www.mobilcaraudio.com/i/acceseries/99-3303.jpg and noticed that the one pictured looks WAY different then the one I got that has the same serial number. Mine looks like this:

I personally like the one that has two lines of text instead of one.

Me too, but this resembles the stock look. I guess it depends on your taste.

Comment

well I think he's saying there may be two different models under the same serial number. Either that or they just changed the older model that some have to this current one.
      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

I mostly just wish the display was better looking...the one I got just doesnt seem as sharp or as finished as the OE stuff...oh well. I guess ill eventually take pictures of the ride with the radio installed....looks good, sounds good too.

Comment

yeah let us know how it ends up turning out, I've never been a fan of them so I just decided to keep my stock unit as I love the DIC for all the info it has so I'm not just going to get rid of it.
          TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

It works fine and shows everything that I had before...its retained ALL stock info and workings and also has an additional menu to adjust brightness/contrast and button color (reddish orange or green) and Onstar volume (if you have onstar). The text is just overly large and blocky to me...damn it...ill go get some pictures taken.

Comment

yea the one in that link doesn't exist. I have the same metra one you posted the pic of.
              -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

So I forgot to push a button to turn the screen on (have to when the car is in acc I guess) but this gives you a general idea of what it looks like in the car, with a headunit in there and a size comparison of the screen and whatnot.

Comment

I just don't like them, the plastic doesn't match and the buttons seem way too big to just be out there in the middle of no where.

Comment

Originally posted by LoJac963
                    I just don't like them, the plastic doesn't match and the buttons seem way too big to just be out there in the middle of no where.
                    Agreed.

Comment

I just wish that ONE kit would properly match the texture of the interior of the car. Sure the dash is textured and the HVAC and Headuit are smooth, but pick one and MATCH it.
                      06 G6 GT Sedan (Black)
                      Motegi DV5 18" Chrome Wheels
                      Falken 225/45 R18 performance tires.
                      7 window tint (35% front, 17% rear)
                      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2448881

** SOLD ** ** SOLD ** ** SOLD **

Comment

why, then you wouldn't be able to tell it's aftermarket. If I wanted it to look the same I'd just leave the stock radio in.
                        -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

I want the DIC to look stock so that it doesn't cheapen the overall look of the interior, and the new Headunit. So far, i've yet to see an aftermarket DIC installed that i could say actually looks at least "as nice" as the stock look. I'll wait until someone puts out a DIC that fits and looks stock but leaves room for an aftermarket headunit. If that doesn't happen, well it won't matter when i trade in the 6'er for a "Pontiac G8" a.k.a Holden Commodore SS V
                          06 G6 GT Sedan (Black)
                          Motegi DV5 18" Chrome Wheels
                          Falken 225/45 R18 performance tires.
                          7 window tint (35% front, 17% rear)
                          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2448881

** SOLD ** ** SOLD ** ** SOLD **

Comment

Originally posted by USMCGrunt0307
                            So I forgot to push a button to turn the screen on (have to when the car is in acc I guess) but this gives you a general idea of what it looks like in the car, with a headunit in there and a size comparison of the screen and whatnot.

I love how they make the buttons look like the stock buttons, even though the stock headunit is gone and there is nothing in the car that matches those buttons anymore.

Comment

My only major grip about the thing is that the screen is white/black where-as everything else in the car is red/black.

Comment

Working...
                              X