Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MY G6 GXP

Sup guys,
    My name is fred, I purchased a 09 G6 GXP sedan about a month ago. I got it with 68000 miles, i know its a bit high but i'm planning on taking care of it. This is my second pontiac! I saw the car online and literally bought it without test driving lol. Sticker price was $16500 but got it down to $15000 and traded in a GAGT for $3000. I ended up financing $13,023. I got it delivered, test drove down some roads/highway and signed. The car looks brand new, interior is not damaged at all, exterior is great seems like they had it in a wearhouse. Overall i love this car!

One thing though they delayed the delivery because some knocking noise in the front. Got an invoice saying they replaced some bushings and sway bar links. I didn't pay a dime but I just want to know if this is a common issue. How often do the bushings give out?

TRADE-IN
    03 GAGT -mods- k&n, flowmaster exhaust system, msd ignition complete system, and a few tunes. My best 1/4 mile run was 14.98
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

NEW CAR BABBBBBBY!
    09 G6 GXP bone stock
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by fastfreddy; 06-20-2012, 03:07 PM. Reason: pics
    sigpic

Re: MY G6 GXP

cant see the pictures...
    g6 gtp with a 3.6l vvt...tinted all the way around, custom upper/lower grill inserts, 8000k hid low beams, 10000k hid fogs, red brake calipers, custom engine cover silver flame stripes and icon outlines, led interior dome and map lights, red neon lights under dash and back seats, audiobahn 10" powered sub, crabs, racingline stb, grounding kit, mmi's, 91 wams tune, silver eyelids, resonator delete and magnaflow muffler with magnaflow tips, gtp windshield banner, larger custom made g6 performance decal on back window and custom front lip

Comment

Pics fixed sry
      sigpic

Comment

sway bar bushing and ball joints are notorious for going out. Just a heads up. A lot of us have switched to energy suspension poly sway bar bushings. They are greasable, and are a lot better quality.

Have fun with the car!
        sigpic
        MY PROGRESSION:
        http://www.g6performance.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20385

Mods: Classic Performance Exhaust, WAMS 93 Octane tune, Crab Intake, and a whole lot more...

Comment

Nice ride, I like that you don't have that big ass wing that most GXPs have.

Appearance - Eagle Eyes black headlights, tinted tails, 35% rear tint, 20 % front tint, black front and rear dart overlay, black stock wheel dart overlay, de-badged, red painted calipers, black license plate holder, Red LED floor strips,

Performance - Super Flowmaster 40, Resonator delete, Crabs Opt 3. Intake Resonator delete,

Audio - 1 Kicker L7 10'', Hi-fonics TXI 6006 Titan 2 Channel amp, MTX Re-Q

Future - Eibach pro kit, 18" wheels, FPU crabs upgrade, recessed lower grille, LED dome, License plate LED.

Comment

Originally posted by WisNinerFan View Post
            Nice ride, I like that you don't have that big ass wing that most GXPs have.
            the sedan's don't have the wing it's the coupes that have them. Way to keep it in the family though! Same color and everything!
            sigpic
            MY PROGRESSION:

Mods: Classic Performance Exhaust, WAMS 93 Octane tune, Crab Intake, and a whole lot more...

Comment

@neatong6er Yea my gf was kind of mad she wanted a jeep and asked "why would you buy the same car but newer?". I took her for a joy ride and convinced her to keep the car....either way i had already bought it lol
              sigpic

Comment

@wisninerfan I wish I would have found this car with the street package. the hammerhead spoiler for the sedans look alot smaller.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fastfreddy View Post
                  @wisninerfan I wish I would have found this car with the street package. the hammerhead spoiler for the sedans look alot smaller.
                  This and the GXP hoods look amazing on the car. Just wish they would have incorporated Ram Air like they did on the GA's. Any why not buy the GA's younger brother?

I had a 93 GA and then bought my G6. A great choice.
                  sigpic
                  MY PROGRESSION:

Comment

Welcome and enjoy the new ride.

Comment

Sweet upgrade!
                      Hit the tires and light the fires

Current Mods:
                      CRABs Option 3, Racingline TSB, Racingline Grounding Kit, Magnaflow Dual Exhaust/Resonator Delete, Taillight Bevels, RAZO Pedal Covers, Painted Engine Covers, Powerstop Brake Kit, Painted Calipers, Gorilla Red Lug Nuts, REMIN Dash Kit, BMD Endlinks, Painted mirror caps, Partial Debadge, Borbet MA wheels, Eibach lowering kit, Monroe shocks and struts

Future Mods:
                      AIT Front Bumper (Awaiting Paint/Installation), Concept Emblems (Awaiting Installation), NGK spark plugs, GTP Rear Bumper Cover, AIT Hood, FPU, CCFL headlights

Comment

welcome! nice gxp
                        2011 Ibis B8 Audi S4

*When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?*

Comment

bought without a test drive? wowza

nice looking car though!
                          sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

Thanks people!
                            sigpic

Comment

Thanks people!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X