• TSB on convertible top noise

SB 06-08-59-003 ADJUST RETRACTABLE HARD TOP

Jeff
    My 07 G6 Convertible
    http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...6/IMG_0394.jpg

My 76 Vette
    http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...e/P4240002.jpg

Are there instructions that I can view?
    2007 G6 GT white convertible, monsoon, painted calipers, McCulloch 5300k lows, 5% rear, 35% front, Alpine MRP-M350 amp, 2 12" Memphis subwoofers, w/ amp turn off switch, custom LED's, Dynamat, digital capacitor, Katzkin leather.

Comment

Cancel that. Found it on google.

http://www.alldata.com/tsb/General-Moto ... index.html

Will have to drive today without stereo and see if I hear it. I took my vert to the dealer once about this.
      2007 G6 GT white convertible, monsoon, painted calipers, McCulloch 5300k lows, 5% rear, 35% front, Alpine MRP-M350 amp, 2 12" Memphis subwoofers, w/ amp turn off switch, custom LED's, Dynamat, digital capacitor, Katzkin leather.

Comment

Ouch, and they didnt do anything about it? Thats gonna be a slap in the face when you go back with a TSB and say heres how you fix it
        BCG Member #1::G6er Elite

Comment

Yeah. I like your LEDs in the vents. Pretty clean. Was thinking about adding 2 where my hardtop switch is. Just need to find out if theres a switched accessory wire.

Comment

Thanks for the info, Jeff.

Comment

rattle in convertable top

Can someone post the repair for this so that I can read it!

Comment

Hate to resurrect this again, but can someone paste in the info from the TSB. I can't get into Alldata to look at it.
                I've actually found the source of the noise in mine. Reaching up to the steel arms on the driver side, I can actually move them and recreate the noise that I'm hearing going down the road. To make sure its not normal, I tried moving the same piece on the passenger side and it doesn't budge at all.
                My game plan is to actually trouble shoot the problems before taking it in to service to have a better shot at getting it fixed.
                Only other problem I've found is last time I washed the car, I got some drops of water on the passenger side wall next to the rear passenger seat. Looked at the passenger front window with the top down and tried opening and closing it. When it went up from indexing or lowering and raising, the window would slip back down about a quarter to half inch. I'm sure that's the source of the water. Tried reindexing the window, but that's not it. Think its either the motor or the regulator on the passenger side allowing it to slide back down just enough to allow that water in.

Comment

I have the same issue with my 07. Anyone come up with a solution other than taking it in to the dealer?
                  2007 Pontiac G6 Convertible
                  3.5L with 4-Speed Auto.
                  Black on Black Leather
                  K&N Filter
                  GM Strut Bar
                  LED lights

Coming soon
                  Full audio upgrade with NAV.

Comment

Yeah I got rid of the car for an 07 Infiniti G35 coupe.

Comment

Originally posted by turboruf
                      I have the same issue with my 07. Anyone come up with a solution other than taking it in to the dealer?
                      When we took it back again and showed them the bar and window issue, they fixed it promptly. My wife claims the driver side noise is coming back a little. I'll find out while we're out of town this weekend. If so, the dealer knows what it is and can adjust it again. The window problem on the passenger side hasn't come back.
                      I ahve to admit, other than those couple issues, I've been extremely happy with the car. Has really surpassed my expectations and can't believe the number of people that comment on it or stop me to ask about it. Especially surprising for what I would consider an economy convertible.

Comment

Originally posted by Mmartin_47
                        Yeah I got rid of the car for an 07 Infiniti G35 coupe.
                        Nice ride, I test drove one of those a couple weeks ago. I particularly like the power adjust steering column and instrument cluster. Reminded me of the 928 days. Unfortunately, I live in Michigan and needed to be a little more budget conscious due to the terrible economy here.
                        3.5L with 4-Speed Auto.
                        Black on Black Leather
                        K&N Filter
                        GM Strut Bar
                        LED lights

Coming soon

Comment

jkhonea,

Thanks and keep us posted. How long did it take to perform the top and window TSB's?
                          3.5L with 4-Speed Auto.
                          Black on Black Leather
                          K&N Filter
                          GM Strut Bar
                          LED lights

Coming soon

Comment

Originally posted by turboruf
                            jkhonea,

Thanks and keep us posted. How long did it take to perform the top and window TSB's?
                            When they did it the first time, I believe it was either in one morning and out the same to no more than the next day. Know it was no longer than that.

Comment

Re: TSB on convertible top noise

Can someone post this bulletin please?!
                              The Present: 2010 Mazdaspeed3... Zoom Zoom

The Past: 06 G6 GTP Vert: Westers Tune - GT-R Exhaust - Doc's Stage3 CAI+ CRAB O4+K&N - GMPD Strut - RL Street Inserts - CMS Bespoke Vert Lowering Springs - Quicklifts - Enkei FN18's, N3000's 245/45y18 - 35% Tint Around - 4300k HIDs His & Los - Black Headlight bezels - Black Recessed Grills - Pooners Chrome Trim Blackout - Black Overlays on Darts - Avic f700bt

Comment

Working...
                              X