My GFs Jeep that I took off roading!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My GFs Jeep that I took off roading!

So nice this weekend so at 11am got up and took her jeep out to eat instead of my car to go off roading! Alot of mud puddles in the pine barrenes and 4hours later heres a few pics..... the last one is a water shield that I ripped off after a HUGE water hole so need to find where that goes this week. Last time I ripped a water shield off then didnt put it back on, took it off roading the next weekend then a rock went through the oil filter!

Her Jeep is the a 2002 Liberty and its far from fast 0-60 in 10 secs ish but has ALOT of balls when it off roads. To some points think its better then the 4.0L Wranglers I have been in. Its a 3.7L V6 210 HP and 225 LBS of torque. Sucks down gas though, average is 15-16 MPG. Off roading about 14.5-15.2 MPG.

Not much done to it, pretty much stock. Plan on a ECU tune, exhaust, KC lights, maybe bigger tires, and maybe a winch because we off road alot alone. Shes had it since it was new just holding off on mods till she decides what she offically wants to do with it, a new model, diffrent model, maybe a car instead. Was in a bad accident last year and front end was destroyed on it and had to get rebuilt and new block was put into it with the original heads

Me driving it through a deep puddle a 2nd time trying not to get stuck because its just us lol...... O, and blew a fog lamp too

Back at her house with all the mud all over it and my car in the back ground

Her engine bay I did have clean and spotless when was bored a few weeks ago that I submerged today :P

And the random water shield need to find where it goes when it drys up

2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
    Gotta have it Green color
    Brembo brake package
    420 HP 5.0L
    Ford Racing Power Pack
    GT500 track pack differential cover
    BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Nice! I miss blasting through mud in a 4x4. Haven't done it for years.

Comment

Nice! Love seeing the libertys out in the woods playin! Hey my truck looked like that second pic a few times

Oh and did i mention my forum I started Just startin out, but hopefully someday.....
      See sig
      Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Well Andre.. I think Kyle has you beat w/ the muddin vehicle!

You can do better than that!!!!

Boss Lady for the Blue Man Group

I'm back and ready for action!

Comment

Originally posted by HottG6Mama
          Well Andre.. I think Kyle has you beat w/ the muddin vehicle!

You can do better than that!!!!
          Thanks! I will be trying again, I wont be giving up anytime soon!

2013 Mustang GT
          Brembo brake package
          420 HP 5.0L
          Ford Racing Power Pack

Comment

Awesome man, hopefully you didn't get into too much trouble

Comment

Originally posted by Interfire
              Awesome man, hopefully you didn't get into too much trouble
              Am not in trouble atlongest I put the find where the water shield goes and put it back with putting a new fog lamp bulb in Like I said above, that was a disaster the last time I ripped on off and didnt put it back on. It was the one protecting the oil filter area and I slamed a rock up there...... Yes that ment it was me that had to clean the whole engine bay and oil it. When I was done with the oil change and new filter was put onto it

2013 Mustang GT
              Brembo brake package
              420 HP 5.0L
              Ford Racing Power Pack

Comment

How did you find out you ripped that shield off anyways? I'd figure it would be long gone, unless you heard it I guess or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Interfire

How did you find out you ripped that shield off anyways? I'd figure it would be long gone, unless you heard it I guess or something.

VERY good question..... I had NO CLUE When kept going up the trail and about a mile or so hit an extremly deep hole in a swampy area. Got out because it looked like trouble and it was real soft mud and extremly deep. With no one to tow us out if got stuck and no winch yet for her jeep we had to turn around. Get back up to the last deep-ish hole and next to it was this plasticwater shield on the ground that wasnt there before. Then pieced it together no one else was here in the last 10mins but us so it def had to been hers

And to clearify the last water shield that came off. When was checking her engine bay one day I noticed that something was gone but couldnt figure out what becuase under the jeep you could see day light. Well later on that weekend or next went off roading again. And when started to smell oil and white smoke we stoped, I saw the filter with a huge hole on the bottom of it and then put together the missing thing under the jeep was a watershield!

2013 Mustang GT
                  Brembo brake package
                  420 HP 5.0L
                  Ford Racing Power Pack

Comment

I will say one thing.. when the Liberties first came out they caught alot of slack from Jeep owners. My buddy has the one with the black rims and light bar on top (some special edition or something). But he put some more agressive tires on it and maybe some suspension work but not sure.. neways that thing does really really well off-roading, I was very surprised to say the least!
                    Originally posted by Toyz
                    Originally posted by simplyred
                    what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                    As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

^^ Prolly the Rubicon package. Add a little lift and decent tires and the libertys are good lil 4x4s :smoke:
                      Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Looks pretty much exactly like this

Comment

Thats a nice Liberty. I want to get her a light bar just like that. The Liberty lights work on the road but no good for a higher light view then the road when off roading at night.

2013 Mustang GT
                          Brembo brake package
                          420 HP 5.0L
                          Ford Racing Power Pack

Comment

Renegade maybe, not sure why i said Rubi.... Been hanging around wranglers to much Anywho, I'd defintitely sport a Jeep Liberty.

Comment

as would I.. I def like that style with the lightbar and fender flares...

Comment

Working...
                              X