Good price on remote start!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good price on remote start!

If anybody has been thinking about getting remote start http://www.newchevroletparts.com has them for $146. The part # is 17800737. Of course, you will need to have a dealer install this, but it's better than spending the $200 list price. I need to thank Lampoon for pointing me to this site, so I just wanted to pass along the savings.

Does the $200 list price include installation?

If it does, then buying the unit alone at $146 -- and then adding in labor -- could end up costing the same, if not more, than just doing it all at the dealer.

But if that $200 is before install, then yeah, that's a sweet deal, considering list is $200, and I saw it advertised -- without installation -- for $250 someplace! They wanted $350 for it installed!
    2009 PONTIAC G8
    MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

does someone have an answer on this?
      BCG Member #1::G6er Elite

Comment

It doesn't include installation. The key fobs come with a code that a dealer will need to program. When I called my local dealer today, they quoted me $205 for remote start "not including installation". Who knows what they will try to tack on for that. I think either way you will need to pay your dealer to install it, so purchasing this route could save you about $50-$60.

Comment

$205 for remote start not including installation!? That sucks! I bought my car with the remote start already installed as a $150 option!
          -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Yeah, it's ridiculous! Worst part is that the G6 already has the remote start "installed", but you're spending $200 on key fobs just to make it work. Not to mention the money you need to give the dealership to program it.

Comment

hell I didn't even realize I was getting remote start until I went to leave the lot after buying the car and seeing the little circle on the top of my fobs, w00t
              TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Re: Good price on remote start!

Originally posted by Tee-Ja
                If anybody has been thinking about getting remote start http://www.newchevroletparts.com has them for $146. The part # is 17800737. Of course, you will need to have a dealer install this, but it's better than spending the $200 list price. I need to thank Lampoon for pointing me to this site, so I just wanted to pass along the savings.
                How do we know this is the correct stuff cause when i look up the part number all it says is Transmitt and the price of 146.25? I just find it kind of odd....would think it would be a more thorough website or something. It doesnt have a description, picture, nothin. Makes me kinda weary about buying it.

Comment

That's all you need. The G6 is already capable of remote starting, you just need the key fobs programmed to do it. There is a post on here somewhere about it, I'll see if I can find it.

Comment

I know that is all you need but how do you know your getting the right thing just cause of the part number. For example, in my other post, Metra has a part number for the radio trim adapter 99-3303 BUT you can find two different versions. Who's to say that it cant happen here. Course it IS a much bigger company but still. Id at least like to see a description or something just to be sure.

Comment

I agree, sometimes it is a crapshoot. But, members on this board have purchased from this company before with no problems. I would just call them if you have any questions, or you can wait til next week when I order mine.

Comment

Well...I went onto ebay and ordered one of the blank key FOBs for like 20 bucks after shipping. Says it comes with instructions on how to get the dealership to activate the remote and what not. Im assuming that some of the FOBs on ebay are scams which is why nobody's mentioned it on here before cause when i went and looked there were A TON of people selling them. Guess ill let ya'll know how my little adventure goes.

Comment

let us know what happens or if the dealershipi screws you around.
                          TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Finally got the Key FOB in the mail today, havent actually SEEN the package (mailed to a friend who lives off base). Im gonna take it to the dealership tomorrow (nearest one is like 120 miles away ) and see what they will do. The package was supposed to come with the instructions for the dealership but im thinking it didnt, he said it was packed in a manila shipping envelope...but ive got a number to call about it all, see what they say...probably a scam but guess ill find out tomorrow.

Comment

it isn't just a new remote that you need for remote start. there is also a PCM reprogramming that has to be done...
                              2009 PONTIAC G8
                              MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Working...
                              X