Tech Specs for stock headunit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tech Specs for stock headunit

Just curious if anyone knows where I can find RMS/Max power on the base line stock headunit. Thanks yall.

Just the head unit, you'd be lucky if it was sending out 8-12 watts per channel.

Comment

Wow...impressed by the sound quality and level its able to get to with that.

Comment

i'm very impressed with the stock system in this car. i have no desire to change it!
        2009 PONTIAC G8
        MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

I didnt either till I called the dealership about getting the stock radio replaced with the upgraded one with XM and the guy said it would cost 900 for just the radio alone...FUCK that.

Comment

Well it would also depend on if you have the monsoon or not, cause then the wattage of the head unit wouldn't matter.

Comment

Nope, no Monsoon...just the mid and tweeter in each door and the two 6x9s in the rear deck.

Comment

Ah well yeah then it's not putting out much wattage, it just matches the stock speakers. Heck even aftermarket decks only put out 15-25 watts, so not a huge issue.

Comment

Ya I know headunits arent that powerful but aftermarket would still be an improvement...although ive never heard of one putting out more then 22 rms/54 max

Comment

Working...
                  X