Need help found an extra wire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help found an extra wire

I was putting in my siruis tonight and had to pull the lower portions of the dash panels out to get to the radio. when I was putting everything back together I found this wire on the floor board of the driver side near the gas and brake pedals. I cannot find where it came from or where it goes. Can someone help me with this.

Re: Need help found an extra wire

never seen it before. looks like it might be part of your sirius setup.
    2009 PONTIAC G8
    MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

I am sure its not part of the sirius, I put it in 3 different cars and never seen that wire till now on the g6

Comment

it's very difficult to tell because the pictures are so blurred, but that second one looks like a satellite antenna connector.
        2009 PONTIAC G8
        MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

I have XM factory in my car maybe it could be from that

Comment

nope. definitely not.
            2009 PONTIAC G8
            MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

put my dash all back together, went for a drive.... everything seems to be working okay and car seems to run fine. I looked all over in the dash and could not locate where this goes. I know it came out of there some place.

Comment

i've been inside the instrument panel on the driver side more times than you have posts. i assure you, that wire is NOT from the car. and wires don't just fall out like that. the harnesses are securely connected to prevent such an occurance.

i'd put money on it that fell outta your sirius box. it's probably some sorta antenna adapter for specific circumstances.
                2009 PONTIAC G8
                MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

My sirius is not a new unit, its been in my colorado and my cobalt and I dont have the box anymore for it. All I have for it is the power, the antenna and an fm modulator and the mounting bracket for it. I know for sure that wire is not part of my sirius.. I also keep my car very clean and just had the vacum in there two days ago and when i started tearing apart the dash there was nothing on the floor mats. If its not from my dash I dont know where else it could be from.

Comment

Too blurred to tell but does it have like a spring in it on one end? For some reason it kinda reminds me of a sensor wire that connects to the brake pedal and disengages the gear selector so that you can change from park to nuetral and so forth. Have you tried shifting without having your foot on the brake? This is a guess from out of the blue so I could be completely off.

Comment

very strange, let us know if you find out what it goes to.
                      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Definitely looks like aftermarket stuff to me

Comment

Was your car new when you got it?

Comment

No its a used vehicle.. Car seems to be running fine without it so I guess I will not worry about it

Comment

Well if it was used I was thinking it could have been a leftover part from someones tinkering

Comment

Working...
                              X