Chrome shifter piece???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrome shifter piece???

Does anybody know if It's possible to get the original chrome piece for the shifter? I figured it would be an easy find, but I'm stumped. Hopefully I wouldn't need to purchase an entire shift knob.

probably have to get the whole shift knob because the chrome is just an overlay I believe. Since I always have my hand on mine when tapshifting and what not-which is all the time the end of the chrome has started to bubble and lift-pisses me off.
    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Yeah, you're probably right. I haven't seen an overlay for this yet either. I'll continue to check around and if I find anything I'll post it.

Comment

Sure its possible but you need to buy the whole knob.

Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
        Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
        WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Thanks man! I couldn't find this anywhere. I appreciate it. I'm going to order this. How long did it take for yours to come in?

Comment

it looks like I'll be buying a new one also, I already have the one in the picture but as I said the chrome is bubbling up towards the front of the shifter and looks like shit.
            TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

isn't that covered under warranty?
              -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Good point! Unfortunately, my car didn't come with this. Probably because mine is the base model. I need to get it though because I just ordered all of the chrome overlays, so it would look really good with those. LoJac, is yours covered under warranty?

Comment

Actually I have the stock rubber one from my car and might be willing to get rid of it. I am at drill sergeant school for the next 2 weeks but pm me and we will talk. I switched from the rubber interior to leather. If you cant wait check ebay and get one from a wreaked g6' Ther are on there all the time. They being the whole shifter but they are cheap.
                  Originally posted by Nikki
                  You are an e-pimp.
                  Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
                  I tried too, my penis way too big
                  07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
                  My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
                  The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

I might have to check if it is covered under warranty cause if it is then new knob for meh!!

Comment

Originally posted by disposablehero
                      Actually I have the stock rubber one from my car and might be willing to get rid of it.
                      I think he wanted the chrome and not the regular one.
                      Mine is a GT and not a base and it came with the standard non chrome
                      shifter. The chrome one for that year was only on the leather handle
                      which only came with the leather interior. Mine is cloth so I didnt
                      get the chrome. Since I have the leather wheel I wanted the leather shifter.
                      Its a nice touch. My wife likes that small mod the best.
                      I even caught her checking herself out in it instead of the vanity mirror

It didnt take long at all to receive. I want to say about a week and a half.

MODS:

Comment

The site you sent me to is great! They have a lot of parts for much cheaper than anybody else. I am ordering the shifter knob and remote start from them. Thanks Lampoon!!!!!

Comment

My pleasure!

MODS:

Comment

the base modle still has the chrome. It is just rubber or whatever and not leather. The replacement came with both the leather knob and the chrome piece so I have the rubber and a chrome sitting in a box.
                            Originally posted by Nikki
                            You are an e-pimp.
                            Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
                            I tried too, my penis way too big
                            07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
                            My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
                            The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

Not 2005.

Besides...I like the leather feel.

So how is North Texas? Cold I bet... here it was 77, two days ago.
                              Felt great!

MODS:

Comment

Working...
                              X