New Owner and Stereo Install Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Owner and Stereo Install Question

Whats up guys, new owner of an 06 3.5L sedan here. I looked around briefly and couldnt find exactly what I was looking for but here goes. Just ordered a Pioneer DEH P7800MP with the Pioneer XM radio kit (antenna, reciever box, patch cable), and an adapter plate with the DIC adapter. Curious if anyone else has this headunit and what they think of it or its sister models and im also wondering what the install is gonna be like for it. I havent made a thorough pass over the center dash to see where things come apart but to me it looks like im gonna be take a lot of the dash out...am I wrong on that? Also, I saw that if I pull the radio out its not gonna lock itself out of being used unless I try putting it in another vehicle...is there anything thats gonna keep me from using the stock wiring thats already in there? Basically, I need a rundown of possible problems im gonna run into. Ive installed car stereos before so im not a retard but its been on a lot older cars before car audio became something that the factory even looked at.

Welcome first off.

That's a pretty good deck actually, I've installed quite a few of those and I really like it as did everyone I installed it for. Yes you will have to take a fair bit of the dash off to get to the stock unit, I think you have to take off the passenger and drivers side panels underneath the dash. I think there might be a tutorial on here actually. And no the radio won't lock itself out, just like you said it's only if you try to put it into a different vehicle. Unplugging it won't set it off. As far as stock wiring nope, you just need a wire harness and the plugs into the stock harness and into your head unit. At least that is what I think you are asking? I don't think you will run into any problems, looks like you have everything and if you do then we're here to help.

Edit - Found it, ragingfish did an excellent write up.

Comment

Sweet, thanks a lot for the help...still trying to figure out this message boards search function...doesnt seem to be quite as pinpoint as my old mustang message board's was...but anyways, appreciate it.

Comment

Did you click on the blank radio button under "Search Previous"? That might get you better search results.

And welcome!
        -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Working...
        X