Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the length of the stock lug bolts / wheel studs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the length of the stock lug bolts / wheel studs?

I'm probably going to need shorter ones to fit my new adapters since the new wheels don't have a space or cavity between holes.
    Last edited by auquier; 04-26-2012, 09:16 PM.
    CRABS WAMS MPD GT-R Brembos and stuff

Re: What is the length of the stock lug bolts?

Thread; M12-1.5; Knurl Dia.: 12.73mm; Length: 41.5mm; Shoulder Length: 8mm

Paying someone to install parts on your car, and bragging about it being fast is like watching someone SMURF your wife, and being proud to raise the kids
    sigpic
    Progression Page
    Four Door Mafia

Forever Pontiac
    Sponsored by: Negrotis™ Racing

Comment

what he said^^^^^^^ however the stock studs are not threaded the entire length..... you could safely cut off the unthreaded portion if that little bit will make them fit......

Comment

How about bolting the adapters on then cutting off the excess?
        CRABS WAMS MPD GT-R Brembos and stuff

Comment

Originally posted by auquier View Post
          How about bolting the adapters on then cutting off the excess?
          eh idk, if you put them on and the threads dont stick past the adaptor at all i think id just cut it where the threads end....i just think if you cut them off after you bolt on the adaptor you might not be able to get them cut off perfectly flush without mabey gougeing the adaptor.....

i think if it were me worst case scenario i would put the adaptor on there to see how much needed cut off mark it and measure them all the same lenght as to not cut off more from one than another that might create a small imbalence problem, then put a nut on there so that after you cut the stud run the nut back off to clean the threads.......

Comment

Working...
          X