LZ9 ( 3900 ) cam specs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LZ9 ( 3900 ) cam specs?

Hi, I saw the engine specs for the 3900 LZ9, which showed the cam lift ( at lobe ) but was wondering what the actual cam specs were in gearhead terms.

I was thinking along the lines of valve lift ( int/exh ) and duration ( int/exh ) and/or lobe center/overlap.

Thanks.

Re: LZ9 ( 3900 ) cam specs?

Originally posted by TR
    Hi, I saw the engine specs for the 3900 LZ9, which showed the cam lift ( at lobe ) but was wondering what the actual cam specs were in gearhead terms.

I was thinking along the lines of valve lift ( int/exh ) and duration ( int/exh ) and/or lobe center/overlap.

Thanks.
    I've been looking for that for a wile. But no luck yet.
    2009 Panther Black G8 GT
    334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

this is going to be a hard one. your best luck is to remove one from an engine and have a cam company (comp cam) spec it out for you. I am pretty sure the aftermarket don`t even have core for this cam unless its a 3800 core gm is using.
      your cam might be the same has the 3800 or not too far off. it will required a look at a stock car (g6) dyno sheet.

I can see Gm making another 40+hp hp on a 3900 motor with redesign intake/exhaust port (aluminum heads) , intake system and fuel management. are you guy running a wideband system for exhaust data or a four wire bosch sensor?.
      WWW.INFOWARS.COM

1989 buick t-type,2004 GTP Comp G powertrain - R.I.P.
      1989 BLT (fully loaded) 3800 turbocharge/intercool (under the knife)
      1986 buick GN ..... 9`s DAILY DRIVER, C6 brake "STOP ON A DIME" (Summer)
      FASTER THAN YOUR OVER PRICE SPORT CAR....
      http://s73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/ ... rformance/

Comment

Unfortinally GM hasnt offically released that info to my knowledge. Not many people have ripped a 3900 open to take accall specs or send it out for accual specs.

Another thing atleast up to 6months ago, GM hasnt released the LBS on the fuel injectors are on the 3900. Again no one is giving that info out. I e-mailed several GM places on this before and even AC delco and no one will say. All the responses when I do get responses is sorry for any inconvence but that infomation isnt avalible at this time. Just part numbers. If you have any problems please contact your dealership for assistance
        2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
        Gotta have it Green color
        Brembo brake package
        420 HP 5.0L
        Ford Racing Power Pack
        GT500 track pack differential cover
        BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

Working...
        X