• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To fish wire for puddle lights

I robbed this idea from CruisinG6
    http://www.g6performance.com/forum/member.php?u=5268

I thought this was a cool idea.

This is how I ran the wire from underneath the outside of the car to the inside of the passenger compartment to tie into the dome light circuitry. This is principle can be applied to just about any wire job. it will work for trunk wires, fire wall wires. just about any wire fishing application even for home.

First I started with 2 spools of I believe 16 gauge wire, and a roll of black electrical tape. Don't cut the wire off the spool until your ready. I installed one wire and then used that wire to pull the other-one through.

Open the passenger door as far as you can.

You can feed one end of the wire down behind the lower door hinge and between the quarter panel and the chassis.

It will fall right behind the front wheel and in-front of the side skirt. You want to pull twice the length you will need because we will use this blue wire to pull the red wire later make sure you leave a long tail.

Then you can rough out how long the wire needs to be on the inside to get to the fuse box located in the center console by the passengers feet. Leave a good 4 feet or so for error and cut. Next I popped out the rubber grommet for the door wiring and fed the blue wire through front side so it wouldn't be noticeable.

If you yank on the corner plastic interior molding from the inside door frame it will come off, and you can see where the door wires come into the car. With a little bit of effort... Ok its a PIA.. (I just fingered it until I felt the loose wire.) you can pull the wire through.

once you get this point you want to asses you wire length. just make sure that you have enough wire hanging under the car to pull the red wire into the passenger compartment. Then attach the red wire to the blue wire where it goes into the bottom of the car.

pull on the blue wire and feed it up through. There will be spots where it is tight so I did it in sections just make sure not to pinch, or damage the wire.

That's basically it. now you can measure the length that you need for both wires and clean it up. I did the drivers side the same way, and ran both behind the carpet and out of site. It's recommended that you solder and heat shrink your connections.

Now your ready to tie into the Dome Light circuitry. Or, what ever you were powering.

here's the info on the dome light wiring from BORN2SKI.
    http://www.g6performance.com/forum/member.php?u=5929

you can now pop the door wire grommet back into place and tuck the exposed wire inside the door frame behind the foam.

Stop by my progression and say Hi!

Custom Blacked out Chrome
    Color Matched Upper Grilles
    Door Sills
    Puddle Lights
    Steering Wheel swap
    Custom CIA/Heat Shield
Working...
X