Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Super Slick Monster Transmitter Set-up (56K... noooooo)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Slick Monster Transmitter Set-up (56K... noooooo)

Okay guys this is my first mod, so i tried to be original and do something no one else had done before. I have a 2005 base v6, so i dont have the upgraded stereo so i can use the unit off ebay. Also, i do not want to change headunits since the car is only mine for less than another year cause i am getting a new one. Prior to this, i had the transmitter hooked up in the armrest with the cable coming out of there and id place the ipod in my cupholder. Nice but it just looked like something you throw in there so you could listen to the ipod. Now it looks freakin pro!

Behind this piece of plastic hides my creation!

i would caption the pics, delete some of them and stuff.. but im too tired. 5 hours of sleep over three days is a killer.
    Yes
    0%
    No
    0%
    Please buy a HU
    0%
    Stop posing like you have an iPod hookup man!
    0%
    Mike # 3!

Its your best option, I just dont like the lack of power outlet, try and find something to cover the hole.
    2009 Panther Black G8 GT
    334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

I still have the little black flap thingy. I just have to figure out the best way to attach it and then it will look fine.
      Mike # 3!

Comment

Nice mod, but why didn't you just cut the end off the adapter and then hardwire it? Then you would still have the cig lighter in place, and not worry about the hole and still have it available.

Comment

Neat idea, but I like Troy's idea better. If I didn't have the Axxess kit coming in I'd do what he said.

BTW I have the same FM Modulator

Comment

it is a really good idea and great work, it would look tons better with something covering the cig lighter hole as mentioned above.
            TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Originally posted by Interfire
              Nice mod, but why didn't you just cut the end off the adapter and then hardwire it? Then you would still have the cig lighter in place, and not worry about the hole and still have it available.
              what would be the best way to hardwire it? a little helpful hint would be nice!
              Mike # 3!

Comment

They make mini fuse adapters that can be used to add accesories. Works great and cleans up nice. That hole screems car rape. You could fill it with some kind of a toggle switch. Or put a sticker on it.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/WS6Racing" Totaly Badged 2006 Red GT Loaded
                Originally posted by [i
                Nancy Reagan[/i]]"Theres no such thing as a stupid question, theres just stupid people that ask questions" 1987

Comment

Why not wire in another power outlet. I dont think they are that much to order from GM.
                  BCG Member #1::G6er Elite

Comment

Originally posted by mike5411
                    Originally posted by Interfire
                    what would be the best way to hardwire it? a little helpful hint would be nice!
                    Well since there will be a ground and ignition wire, you could just ground it out near a screw there and there is actually a green wire inside a little bundle of wires right next to where u installed it that you could tap into. That's the route I would go, it would really only take you 5-10 min of work very easy.

Comment

i think i have that same transmittor in my car ,and when u set it to a real good station it works really well
                      Current Mods : 7 color LED under dash/ seats, integration solutions I pod Adapter, 2 Powerbass PS-12 subs powered by a Power Acoustik OV2-2200.

Next on the list an intake..

Comment

90.7 ftw!
                        Mike # 3!

Comment

Tap the cigarette lighter for your + and - connections...Not really sure what all you did though cause its hard to tell in your pictures...too close up and I guess im just not used to the workings of the car yet.

:EDIT:
                          Ok, I see what you did now. Ya, just tap into the cigarette lighter's positive and negative lines and you'll have your power and you'll be able to put the cigarette lighter back in, make it look totally pro.

Comment

Working...
                          X