**Review of MagnaFlow Depot**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **Review of MagnaFlow Depot**

I wanted to get a MagnaFlow exhaust and stumbled upon www.magnaflowdepot.com. I found the muffler (part #14827) and glasspack (part #18135).

The order was placed on 3/31 for both.

After just doing some research, I found that one person went to several forums and posted about MFD with no responses and their facebook with only one person saying something how they tried calling them for two weeks with no responses. I then looked at the website and the address and phone number on the website did not match up with the one they sent in the email. I was starting to think I got scammed. I contacted them on their facebook asking them their business hours (10am to 7pm, M-F) and called them and found out they only have six people in the warehouse located in Dallas, TX.

I finally got a shipping number for the muffler, shipped 4/3 arrived 4/4 via ups. Had warranty/stickers in package.
    I finally got a shipping number for the glasspack, shipped 4/4 arrived 4/5. Did not have warranty/stickers in package.

Overall, it was rocky at first but MFD may be a diamond in the rough with super low prices. I paid just under $127 shipped w/ free shipping for both. I recommend this company. If you order on a weekend, expect mid week delivery.
    Progression Thread - Updates on page 1

Show: Complete debadge, Black Eagle Eye headlights, 35% Tint, Front dart blackout, window trim blackout, front grill trim blackout, 2Crave No. 5 Wheels

Go: Intake resonator delete, Spectre intake piping, K&N drop in filter
    , MagnaFlow exhaust, Falken Azenis PT-722 Tires

Misc: RCA Headrest DVD players

Pending Install:
    Enroute:
    Next idea: Lowering Springs/Spacers

Re: **Review of MagnaFlow Depot**

What Magnaflow Exhaust is recommend for a the 3.5L V6? - Do they still make the dual tip or is that pretty much a custom-job now?
    Performance: WAMS, K&N 69 Series CAI, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust built with a Camaro SS Muffler and Glasspack with 4 inch double-wall stainless steel tips, Thunderbolt 8.2mm High-Performance Spark Plug Wires, NGK Laser Iridium Spark Plugs, Pennzoil Ultra Full Synthetic, Resonator Delete, Racingline Motor Mount Inserts, Racingline Grounding kit. (4 additional grounds from battery to front bumper for DDM tuning HIDS)

Handling: Moog Front Control Arms and Toe Ends, Racingline STB, Koni Yellow "4 Point" Suspension -Front to Rear- , Energy Suspension Poly Front Sway Bar bushings, Energy Suspension Tie-rod bushings, Energy Suspension Front Control Arm replacement mounts, Eibach Pro-kit springs, BMD Front Endlinks, Genuine Saab .9mm Rear Chamber Shims, 19mm Motorsports spacers on all 4 tires.

Stopping: Cobalt SS Front Brembo's, R1Concepts Premium Cross-slotted Front Rotors, R1Concepts Premium Cross-slotted and Drilled rear Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, ATE Super Blue Brake Fluid, BMD Steel Braided Brake Lines, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 tires.

Appearance: Revotec Eagle Eye CCFL Projectors, Red Calibers, 6000k 35w DDM fogs, 6000k 55w DDM lows, LED Taillights, DDM Tuning LED Switchback Turn Signals, Konig Crown 17x7.5 Rims. 30% tint in front windows, rear windows @ 15% tint

Safety & Security: Cobra XRS 9470 Radar Detector, Experimental 2mm rear mounted camera with Bluetooth connectivity to my phone, GOSHERS Universal Blind Spot Detection System w/ LED Indicators, Waze GPS App with a windshield mount for early warning for police coupled with Radar Detector (double-whammy).

Experimental: BG 44k, BG MOA, BG ATC, Custom Transmission Cooler, Super Secret Flux-capacitor transporter, Header reflective wrap, CAI 2000 degree radiant reflective wrap.

Progression: http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=22823

Comment

I've placed an order with them 8/23/12, and have been leaving them voice-mails at both their sales VM, and customer service VM for days now since the 27th. No one ever answers the phone. I have also been sending them an email once a day from the same time frame. I have yet to get a response.

Following their link in their initial email, to "track", my order, still shows only that the payment has cleared. There has been absolutely no status update whatsoever.

I definitely do not recommend this business to ANYONE. I used to be in retail, and customer service, and this kind of behavior is unacceptable. You are better off spending your money on Amazon, and paying a few bucks more. Hopefully I get a response soon, or I will have to contact my credit card company, and reverse these charges if possible, for my $150 order..

What number were you finally able to use to get in contact with them?

Comment

I finally received my shipment on the 4th. Got a "shipment delivered" tracking email from Magnaflow Depot, on the 5th.. Total BS from this company. I put in a BBB complaint, and was going through the process of disputing the charge on my credit card, and the package mysteriously arrived a couple days later. I sent multiple emails every day, called every number I could find for this company that also goes by some other names, and has numerous BBB complaints against them. I really wished I had researched them deeper than I did initially, but there wasn't really anything to find under their new name. Just one of those companies that try to rip people off, and have to hide who they are to keep getting business.. Their order tracking system is completely pointless. The status never changed from, "payment received", (We took your money).

The sad thing is, after lodging these complaints, I ordered the part on Amazon, paid a few dollars more, got 2 day shipping, and ended up having to return the Amazon order because the Magnaflow Depot order arrived, and I only had that day that week to get the exhaust installed. I was on vacation.. All in all, dealing with Magnaflow Depot cost me about $50 more, with all the crap I went through, not to mention the headache, and time wasted trying to reach someone for a tracking number, and order status. Perhaps lodging complaints, and disputes against them helped me in the end, but I will never know for sure.

Don't ever order from this company unless you have a lot of time and patience on your hands. I will only order from Amazon from now on. You get a tracking number as soon as you place our order from them.

Comment

Thanks sooo much for this post, I came across them and was looking at a cat, but its on amazon for $20 cheaper and im sure i prob wont get the run around
          '06 G6 GT Sedan
          CURRENT: %20 Tint|E-Z Pass|Mobil1|Calipers|Pioneer AVIC-920BT DD HU|Resonator|AIT Front Bumper|DS CAI|3000k DDM HID|Interior LEDs|
          SOON: CMS Springs|2 12" Subs in Box
          ONE DAY: Racing Line STB, Grounding Kit & MMIs

Comment

Working...
          X