Dropped it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dropped it

well its been awhile since ive posted, ive been real busy. for christmas i got some Sprint lowering springs and some red caliper paint with some GTP decals so i went to work this weekend. Heres how it turned out...

Ive got a question for anyone out there with a dropped 6-speed. Ever since i lowered it ive got a weird shudder under moderate to hard acceleration. The cars being aligned right now maybe that will fix it but did anyone else experience this?
    '06 GTP w/ 3 pedals

Lookin good, I like it! But the rear on the GTP just does not look right after they are lowered Besides that, it looks great
    Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

thanks and yeah that rear does look strange. im going to try to fix it a bit with some 35 or 40 size sidewalls next tire change. that might make it look a little better
      '06 GTP w/ 3 pedals

Comment

Re: Dropped it

Originally posted by G6cpM6
        Ive got a question for anyone out there with a dropped 6-speed. Ever since i lowered it ive got a weird shudder under moderate to hard acceleration. The cars being aligned right now maybe that will fix it but did anyone else experience this?
        I experience a little vibration under acceleration, from 1st to 3rd gear. From 4th to 6th is normal.
        2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
        Forge Motorsports BPV
        CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
        HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
        HyperTech Max Energy Tune

Comment

It's wierd how the rear ends up tucking the tire. If it was even with the front it'd look perfect.

Toyz, were you tucking the rear of the GT?
          BMG Cofounder who happens to be a Petrolsexual
          ^ The Man
          v The Legend

Comment

I beleive i was. But i was referring to how the rear looks like it was pushed forward. The wheel is not centered in the wheel well.
            Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Looks good! I don't think the rear wheel is tucked into the wheelwell that much - looks like it's just the lighting and the angle of the pictures.

But it does look off centre.

Comment

I see what you guys' mean. Knowledge is POWAH!
                BMG Cofounder who happens to be a Petrolsexual
                ^ The Man
                v The Legend

Comment

Looks good.... great job!
                  Originally posted by Toyz
                  Originally posted by simplyred
                  what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                  As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

thanks for the good words everyone. the rear does that because of the geometry of the multilink setup in the rear. just the way it is. it does bug me but im sure ill get over it

so kman, you havent noticed the vibration getting worse or breaking anything? any idea what it could be? i just got the car back from alignment and it seems to be better but the shake is still there. also is your car still about a degree out of spec for camber in the rear? mine is...
                    '06 GTP w/ 3 pedals

Comment

Originally posted by G6cpM6
                      so kman, you havent noticed the vibration getting worse or breaking anything? any idea what it could be? i just got the car back from alignment and it seems to be better but the shake is still there. also is your car still about a degree out of spec for camber in the rear? mine is...
                      I have had the CMS springs for 9 months and the vibration no worse than day 1, nor have there been any suspension component failures. As far as the camber, the rear wheels slightly pointed outward to achieve the correct alignment. Also, no unusual tire wear has occurred, up this point in time.
                      2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
                      Forge Motorsports BPV
                      CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
                      HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
                      HyperTech Max Energy Tune

Comment

Why is the top of the spring stacked so much, aka the coils touching... That seems like a lot of stacking?
                        Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

i have a 6 speed also dropped on the canucks and i dont remember which post i was in but i said something about my drop being more than what appears on everyone elses with these springs (like tucking my stock tires a lil over an inch and a half in the well), in any case i had bad vibration from mine, got aligned, and it decreased but still had shudder and vibration feeling on acceleration and high speed (interstate) driving. so what he have done to demonish that more was to put in the rubber spring spacers and it actually helped alot (it raises it up) but what we did was put two on each side up front and i mean there was literally no apperance in change in height (like 1/16 difference lol) when the rubber inserts are like a inch and a half thick. so what were going to do is insert some in the back and a few more in the front to see if that helps but when we took the car to get it checked out to see what it was that was causing vibration, the guy at the shop said where it was lowered so much, the axles have toed and were rubbing (no major damage however). but ill post pics when all said and done so you can see for yourself.

Comment

as for the stacking, i just went and looked and they arent touching on mine it just appears so from that pic, however they are about 2mm apart which yeah is kinda weird. your guess is as good as mine...

thanks for the advise on the spacer idea, i may do that in the back cause it sits a little lower than the front. what kind of shop did you get the rubber things from?
                            '06 GTP w/ 3 pedals

Comment

If there is space, that is okay, It looks in the photo like they are laying on each other.
                              Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

Working...
                              X