headunit question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• headunit question

Ok i want a new headunit for my car. Basically, the purpose is to have integrated ipod features, not to gain better sound quality. I want an alpine headunit with the new full speed adapter. It really is so fast. So i am in debate between three headunits so opinions on which one to get will be appreciated.

Headunit 1

Headunit 2

Headunit 3

and please dont judge by the prices on the website since with the different headunits, the adapters and stuff are different prices, strangely.

With the headunit, harness, antenna adapter, dash kit (without DIC), and cable these are the prices

headunit 1 - 194.95
    headunit 2 - 199.97
    headunit 3 - 229.97

It seems from this number two would be the best buy but it seems like 3 is a better headunit overall? I like the looks of 2 better but if 3 will make a big difference in quality for 30 bucks, then it may be worth it.
    Mike # 3!

Me personally i would go for #3. But if #1 or #2 suits what you need and want, i suggest saving the money.
    Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

# 3 is the best out of those in my opinion, def don't bother with the first one so just pick 2 or 3 oh what you are looking for.

Comment

I've been thinking of changing up the head unit myself.. seeing as how the cdplayer rarely gets used anymore due to the ipod (of course) I came across this head unit and wondered what you guys thought. Main reason in considering this headunit was the option to plug you Ipod is via USB, play your songs with title on the screen and charge the Ipod to boot. Input?
        Originally posted by Toyz
        Originally posted by simplyred
        what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
        As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Ok i decided that i will spend the extra 30 bucks and get the 179 dollar model, but after looking there seems to be three headunits in that category.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-cwabNeUZxT ... 1&x=36&y=5

To me the CDA-9856 or the CDE-9881 look like better units than the CDE-9852. I also think i like the display on the CDE-9881 better but that could just be how the unit is pictured. Tips? I am no stereo-head-unit-phile by any means
          Mike # 3!

Comment

I like the 9856, there are more options there for future expansion and adjustability. That would be my choice, specially being they are the same price.

Noah- I see nothing wrong with that Kenwood, but i have never run Kenwoods so i can only go off the specs.
            Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Working...
            X