scosche dic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scosche dic?

I just recently installed an aftermarket head unit and the Scosche(sp?) DIC. Everything seemed to be working fine until this morning as I was leaving the house the temperature read "83F" with a backwards "p" in front of it. As much as a I wish that it was 83 degrees and I know my car wishes it was that nice so that she could have her top down, it was only 34F. Has anyone else had this problem??

I don't know of anyone on here who has the scosche kit.

Best bet is to plug in your stock radio again to see if the same message pops up.

sigpic
    Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

on my Metra sometimes the screen would mess up and display weird stuff. One time it was only displaying half of the message. So I unplugged the harness for a few minutes, and plugged it back in and it worked fine again.
      -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

my metra was doing the same thing. i did the same thing mike did to fix it

Comment

Yeah a friend of mine uses the Scosche kit (in a G6) and his did the exact same thing you mentioned, unplugging it like mentioned fixed it. Try that first and see how it goes.

Comment

Re: scosche dic?

Originally posted by redkatie
            I just recently installed an aftermarket head unit and the Scosche(sp?) DIC. Everything seemed to be working fine until this morning as I was leaving the house the temperature read "83F" with a backwards "p" in front of it. As much as a I wish that it was 83 degrees and I know my car wishes it was that nice so that she could have her top down, it was only 34F. Has anyone else had this problem??

Mine did the same thing,All I did was turn the car off and back on and that seemed to work fine.

Comment

I have the scosche dic unit right now. It has been nothing but trouble.

My first unit fried out on me after about a month of being installed. The screen crapped out. So I got a new one under the warranty.

My second unit was pretty much dead as soon as I got it. The circuit board was messed up and so it immediately bypassed the accessory wire and would turn on whenever the battery was connected. I had to send that one back too.

I just got my THIRD unit and it is acting goofy already too. I am having the same problems with the backwards p and really high temps (which is way wrong since I am in Chicago and it is only 10 degrees outside). I also don't have access to any of the personal option controls such as if the lights go on when I lock the car, etc.

All in all, this Scosche unit is a piece of sh*t and if I can't get this one to work soon, I am switching to the metra. I would recommend to anyone that is looking for a aftermarket DIC to go with Metra rather than Scosche because this isn't worth all of the hassle.

:::UPDATE:::

I called Scosche tech support this afternoon about the problems with the temperature display and they gave me a great answer, which is that the unit might have problems in cold weather. MIGHT?!?!? The tech guy told me to see what happens when it gets warm and hopefully itll fix itself.

I am done with Scosche. If anyone in a warmer climate would like to buy my unit, let me know and I will sell it to you (though I wouldn't recommend it). I'm buying a Metra kit.

Scosche sucks.

Comment

Just a headsup on the Metra kit....works fine in the cold . Cool thing I found about the Metra kit as well since the screen doesnt match the color in the rest of the car and tends to be a little too bright at night, if you adjust your dimmer switch for your inside lights just right, it will turn the Metra backlight off. Very cool.

Comment

Thanks for heads up on the metra. that is very useful to know about dimming the backlight.

i have ordered the metra and it is on the way to balmy chicago. glad to hear it also works in the cold.

Comment

In the cold my Metra kit doesn't display anything when I first start the car. It's a blank screen until I press one of the buttons, then the display comes on. And if I want to cycle through the different things (miles, oil life, etc.), it changes very slow.
                    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

^That'd be due to the liquid part of the LCD freezing.

sigpic
                      Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
                        In the cold my Metra kit doesn't display anything when I first start the car. It's a blank screen until I press one of the buttons, then the display comes on. And if I want to cycle through the different things (miles, oil life, etc.), it changes very slow.
                        How cold are we talking? Im not hitting negative numbers (yet) where im at but it'll get around 15-20 degrees and still work fine.

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
                          That happens to the stock one in very cold weather too (-35 to -40 ish)

Comment

damn no shit, I wouldnt expect much of any displays to work very quickly in that cold of weather, lol.

Comment

Keep in mind that he's talking celcius.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X