in need of engine teardown guide or schematic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• in need of engine teardown guide or schematic

i have a bad knock that came out of nowhere today after 30 mile drive to change tie rods today. put 2 quarts in it which lowered the noise but it is still there. somehow i lost oil? either way now i have a bad rod bearing im guessing. will know more tomorrow on the teardown.

looking for a digital free schematic or tear down guide of the 3.5L engine please and thank you.

this is the LX9

Re: in need of engine teardown guide or schematic

or even a quick step through on removing the oil pain since i dont see any easy way of removing it

Comment

get a subscription to alldatadiy.com............ dont know about the 3.5 but on the 3.6 you cant really remove it with the engine in the vehicle........

Comment

i tried lucas and oil mixture which didn't help so its for sure a rod. at this point im probably just going to trade it in as is, rather than put way to much time and money into it.

in park or neutral it knocks pretty good. at 1500 - 2000 rpms the sound completely disappears. so that is kinda throwing me off. I have not taken it for a drive to get the rpms that high because im afraid to make it even worse and damage anything more.

last time i had a knock like this was in an integra and it was only a $100 car so i jumped on the gas and shot the rod through the front of the engine lol

Comment

i'm assuming you mean connecting rod and not tie rod. and if it is a bearing then you might want to stop using "miracle" fixes and just leave the motor off before you make matters worse.

hopefully the dealer you're going to doesn't know what a knock sounds like

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

you shouldn't assume it was a miracle fix. it was a test to see if it was a lubrication issue. i am more than capable of dropping the sub frame down, removing the pan and checking all the rods and bearings.

the knock is loud enough where any dealership would know what it is and that is why i stated i would trade it as is and take the hit on the value.

Comment

if you've got a knock and think it's a bearing issue and tried adding lucas additive to fix it, that sounds like hoping for a miracle.

Comment

"think" wasn't for sure. since the knock disappeared at 1500 rmps. thats why i tried the lucas. it didnt work so im going to find out which cylinder is gone and then either A trade it and tell the dealership which one it is or B replace bearings, resurface crank, and new connecting rod.

Comment

You should part it out and sell me the body
                  sigpic
                  Wheels, Hood, Taillights, Engine, Doors, Mirrors, Bumpers,
                  Windows, Trunk, Seats, Radio, Carpet, Muffler, Sunroof,
                  Shifter, Pedals, Headlights, Grilles, Door Panels, etc.

Comment

Wrist pin maybe? Since it stops knocking at 1,500 RPM

Comment

its bearings. but i found a good/used engine with warranty for $500 so im going to rebuild my g6 and then call it Frankenstein

Comment

Sounds good. I would like to see some pics of the engine removal process and see how difficult it is. Sometime in the future I would like to take out the engine and rebuild with better parts. I doubt anybody has made forged parts yet so idk. I know wot tech has heads and intake manifolds for our cars.

Comment

yeah ill take lots of pics and maybe a vid. as far as i seen its quite simple process. i still like to have a guide just in case but it looks like im winging it

Comment

so..... unbolted tranny from engine, flywheel, passener side engine mount, lower oil pan to tranny bracket and then all the accessories and wiring. at this point the engine should life out. BUT.... something is still attaching it to the car and i can not figure it out. ive looked all over and ive removed anything that is holding it down. anyone know what im missing? is there bolts holding it to the subframe that im missing or something?

Comment

did you get the front mount?

Comment

Working...
                              X