Aftermarket back cat. on 05 g6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermarket back cat. on 05 g6

Hello everyone! I've had my g6 since September of last year and I'm loving it
    But my rear cat has broken and is now rattling internally so I found this one
    Shop Exhaust Distribution for quality Exhaust System, Direct fit and Universal Catalytic Converter, Exhaust flex pipe, Gaskets and more, Free Shipping Best Prices OE Fitment and EPA Approved

So my question is, has anyone used it? Will it work properly with my car and not throw a code?
    Any info would be helpful. On another note I have removed the muffler and installed dual exhaust with a gtp rear valence. But to me it almost sounds like an old buick with a messed exhaust when im just cruising around.
    The guy at the muffler shop used a Y splitter of a v6 mustang so I wondered if that affected it. I would like to just remove the resonator and install a 18'' glass pack there and see what it sounds like

Re: Aftermarket back cat. on 05 g6

another good place to get parts is rockauto .com

good reputable place
    sigpic
    Wheels, Hood, Taillights, Engine, Doors, Mirrors, Bumpers,
    Windows, Trunk, Seats, Radio, Carpet, Muffler, Sunroof,
    Shifter, Pedals, Headlights, Grilles, Door Panels, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreePointSix View Post
      another good place to get parts is rockauto .com

good reputable place
      Thanks I see they do have a rear cat for my car but its the same price lol

Comment

id be more inclined to buy from rockauto though. bought from them a bunch no problems
        sigpic

Comment

id be more inclined to buy from rockauto though. bought from them a bunch no problems
          That's good to know thank you. Really I just want to know if it will give me any trouble light a CEL. I noticed on this cat that the O2 sensor is behind the cat and on mine its in the side of the cat.

Comment

according to this its after the cat too... weird
            sigpic

Comment

That's really my only concern lol. I know I can return it and all but I'm trying to save the hassle if it throws a code or something.

Comment

GM probably designed it from the factory but got a lot of problems so decided to make it after the cat with all the new ones. The same thing happened with 04 cadillacs and throttle bodies. The only replacement throttle body you can get for an 04 cadillac is the new style. they stopped making the old style like halfway through the 04 model year.
                sigpic

Comment

GM probably designed it from the factory but got a lot of problems so decided to make it after the cat with all the new ones. The same thing happened with 04 cadillacs and throttle bodies. The only replacement throttle body you can get for an 04 cadillac is the new style. they stopped making the old style like halfway through the 04 model year.
                  I see thank you. I'll just buy it and it shouldn't be too much trouble to install myself.

Comment

Working...
                  X