Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hi guys I'm kinda new to the forum I've been reading all sorts of posts for the last few months. I have an 06 G6 lx9 have had it since 2006 just paid it off last year so I'm interested in upgrading some things on it to get my money's worth. I've read all about how awesome it is to have Crabs So hopefully that'll be my first fun upgrade. I've done work on it in the past and it is still running strong.

Re: Hello

Good luck... Search will answore almost all of your questions. Crabs are a must.
    2012 AWD Fusion Sport...
    Steeda springs, Steeda STB, Steeda Motor mount, Steeda Intake, Steeda 93/100 octain tune, Steeda TB spacer, Magnaflow catback, 19x8.5 mustang GT wheels painted body color, 5% and 35% TINT, upper and lower 6,000k HID's, Steeda Hood struts, and tinted tails, and much more...http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3974935/2012-ford-fusion/

Comment

Hi. I agree, do not be afraid to use search and THEN post questions in that thread rather than starting a whole bunch of threads about the same thing like a lot of new guys do.

PHENOM PET PEEVE NUMERO UNO.

Anyways, have fun and enjoy Modding
      Paying someone to install parts on your car, and bragging about it being fast is like watching someone SMURF your wife, and being proud to raise the kids
      sigpic
      Progression Page
      Four Door Mafia

Forever Pontiac
      Sponsored by: Negrotis™ Racing

Comment

Welcome!
        2011 Ibis B8 Audi S4

*When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?*

Comment

thanks guys, I already ordered my crab, i'm replacing my struts and shocks and hub bearings this month as soon as the mail man brings them in

Comment

Welcome aboard!!!

Comment

welcome!

______________________The Untouchable!____________________

Comment

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
                Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

Welcome to the forum!
                  07 G6 GT Progression [traded]
                  05 Sentra S-ER Spec-V Progression

Comment

Welcome, what shocks and struts did you go with?
                    Current Mods

Painted engine covers (in work)
                    CRABS UNDER MY HOOD (OPTION 3 + FPU) with "T" bolt clamps
                    Raceingline Front strut bar & grounding kit.
                    E3 spark plugs
                    Taylor Thundervolt 8.2mm Red plug wires
                    GT-R exhaust system.
                    Eagle Eye tinted head lights.
                    MPD hood & (Duraflex) GT Racer concept body kit painted and installed.
                    Mirror caps color matched,
                    Debadged.
                    DDM HID's on the low beam, 55w with 10000k bulbs.
                    Tinted tail lights.
                    DDM HID's on the reverse lights, 35w with 5000k bulbs.

Future Mods

Eibach lowering springs.
                    KYB shocks and struts.
                    EBC slotted and drilled rotors, with Red Stuff pads.
                    Painted brake calipers (Red)
                    Redline Tuning Hood Supports.
                    WAMS tune.

Comment

Thanks for all the welcomes people. I got monroe shocks and struts on amazon, gonna keep the factory springs hopefully I will be able to do the install this weekend I'm hoping for a much smoother ride I live in a very bumpy city.

Comment

why the hub bearings? welcome

Comment

my car is shaking at speeds over 60 it's making a whizzing noise when i accelerate I think my driver side is worn. I replaced the inner and outer tie rods a few months ago and the control arms and lower ball joints about a year ago. I got the hubs for 120 each although I think only the driver side is bad figure might as well replace both sides. hopefully after that and the suspension i get a smoother ride.

Comment

yah, but the control arm is just a solid metal piece, why would you need to ever replace it if it hasn't bent or broken? you keep saying ball joints do you mean bushings?

Comment

I did bend the driver side hitting a curb(I also broke my cv joint) that's why I replaced it, it was pretty bad I couldn't drive it for a few days. There is a ball joint at the end of the control arm attached to the bottom of the hub. I got my hub bearings in yesterday they are Timken looking forward to putting them in they look pretty solid. I have not done anything to the sway bar bushings maybe I should I'll take a look at them when I got it jacked up this morning, if they are cheap might as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X