Subwoofer noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subwoofer noise

I installed my subwoofer last night after succumbing to peer pressure. I hooked the remote up to the fuse box in the trunk. This seems to work fine, but now when I open the door, I can hear the sub go "thump". Then, if I wait about 15 seconds, it will do it again. But just twice (unless I open the door again).

I'm thinking I need to move the remote but before I start ripping everything apart, is there anything else that might cause this?

Re: Subwoofer noise

Originally posted by jnak
    I installed my subwoofer last night after succumbing to peer pressure. I hooked the remote up to the fuse box in the trunk. This seems to work fine, but now when I open the door, I can hear the sub go "thump". Then, if I wait about 15 seconds, it will do it again. But just twice (unless I open the door again).

I'm thinking I need to move the remote but before I start ripping everything apart, is there anything else that might cause this?
    I would assume its just noise from the remote wire, but could also be a bad ground. I would try this. I did the exact same install and it worked flawlessly!
    Originally posted by Toyz
    Originally posted by simplyred
    what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
    As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Yeah I followed everything in there except the remote

Just wanted to know if there was a way to fix it without ripping stuff apart again.

Comment

Yeah.. that happened with my b/f's system. Figured out it was a bad ground.. and boy was it an annoying and loud noise!!

Boss Lady for the Blue Man Group

I'm back and ready for action!

Comment

I would def check all your grounds first and make sure they are good, I don't know how you wired everything up or what your system consists of but it could also be interference with the interconnects.

Comment

It was the remote. I checked the bundle of wires that Toyz referred to in his how-to and the only green one in there didn't work. So I hooked my remote into the fusebox in the passenger footwell and now it works great.

Also dynamatted my third brake light, which significantly reduced the stupid rattling. It's still there but not very noticeable. What a gong show, getting at that piece of shit...

Comment

Good to hear.

So what are you running?

Comment

Originally posted by Interfire
                Good to hear.

So what are you running?
                What he said
                Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

I've got a 10" MTX driver and a Clarion amp. That's about all I know

They're both around 4-5 years old. I had them in my Grand Am and they were sitting in my closet since then.

Not the loudest or prettiest setup but it adds plenty of kick to the music so it's good enough for me. My car rattles like crazy from the outside, but you can't hear the rattling in the cab so I don't really care.

Comment

awesome.

Comment

Sorry about the arm twisting I did but enjoy it. Glad the system noise is gone too.
                      Originally posted by Nikki
                      You are an e-pimp.
                      Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
                      I tried too, my penis way too big
                      07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
                      My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
                      The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

No worries...I had forgotten how much better music sounds when you can feel it through the seat of your pants!

Comment

But how is the stereo? :P

Comment

Working...
                          X