Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW TO THE FORUM HAVE A SERIOUS QUESTION?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW TO THE FORUM HAVE A SERIOUS QUESTION?!

Just want to say thanks to anyone who reads and replies first and foremost. My girlfriend had just got a 2006 G6 Gt Coupe a few months ago and I've finally come across a really nice forum. We recently had to change the right front wheel bearing and now when we go around 70 the abs light comes on and the traction control off light comes on, on the dash. Also the brakes seem to give out at random times almost how it feels when you try to stop on snow or ice.. I dont think its very safe and if anyone has any ideas on what to do please feel free to let me know! We bought the part brand new from autozone and had someone put it on thats a good backyard mechanic with his own garage and everything. Looking forward to seein everyones G6!

Re: NEW TO THE FORUM HAVE A SERIOUS QUESTION?!

Take it to a real mechanic and get it checked out. Your situation sounds very unsafe don't wait on this.
    07 G6 GT Progression [traded]
    05 Sentra S-ER Spec-V Progression

Comment

Yeah i agree with Pete. Go to a real one and find out what it is. I would also avoid going past or around 70 as well. Thats just calling for an accident

Comment

unplug one of the abs sensors. this will disable the abs and not cause it to do that anymore. can you tell what wheel is making the noise and locking up? if its the one you replaced bring it back and get a better one (autozone sucks). if its not that bad bring it to someone who can read abs codes to find out exactly what part of the abs is failing.

just because he was a backyard mechanic doesn't mean he sucks. a wheel bearing simply bolts in, and has one abs connector...can't really screw it up unless he didnt actually bolt it back in.....
        sigpic
        Wheels, Hood, Taillights, Engine, Doors, Mirrors, Bumpers,
        Windows, Trunk, Seats, Radio, Carpet, Muffler, Sunroof,
        Shifter, Pedals, Headlights, Grilles, Door Panels, etc.

Comment

The brakes seem to be the first priority here. You should check the entire system. Check the brake master cylinder fluid, check the pads and rotors on all four corners for wear, and bleeding the system a bit may also help.

The ABS and TC lights sound like a sensor or wiring issue. Is the a CEL along with it? Either way, you may want to have Autozone pull any codes. This is free and only takes a minute.
          1972 F100
          1978 Twinstar
          1992 Miata
          2014 Mustang

Comment

Another thing I just thought of is if someone did your brakes and they didn't compress the caliper piston back correctly it could screw up your abs.
            sigpic
            Wheels, Hood, Taillights, Engine, Doors, Mirrors, Bumpers,
            Windows, Trunk, Seats, Radio, Carpet, Muffler, Sunroof,
            Shifter, Pedals, Headlights, Grilles, Door Panels, etc.

Comment

I had the same issue on my 06 GTP. Its was the a sensor cable that ran behind the front wheels. They might have been damaged and you need to be replaced. I was passing thru OHIO at the time. And didnt have that many options to chose from. So I paid a arm and leg to get it fix. The ABS light and traction light in dash is the same issue. I have that problem still but when i get a chance I'm gonna take it to the shop. It doesnt effect my brake system but its annoying when i start up the 6 and get that annoying ding-ding.

Comment

Sounds like the exact problem I had with my 08 GT. It was from the actual boot surrounding the caliper piston tearing. Some warnings popped up, and speed as well. The only thing is that it wasn't from replacing a wheel bearing just doing the brakes.

Originally posted by SOFLYLIKEAG6GT View Post
                Just want to say thanks to anyone who reads and replies first and foremost. My girlfriend had just got a 2006 G6 Gt Coupe a few months ago and I've finally come across a really nice forum. We recently had to change the right front wheel bearing and now when we go around 70 the abs light comes on and the traction control off light comes on, on the dash. Also the brakes seem to give out at Random times almost how it feels when you try to stop on snow or ice.. I dont think its very safe and if anyone has any ideas on what to do please feel free to let me know! We bought the part brand new from autozone and had someone put it on thats a good backyard mechanic with his own garage and everything. Looking forward to seein everyones G6!
                2008 G6 GT "Vicky" Canucks Lowering Springs all 4 corners, Racingline STB, Racingline Grounding kit w/ Alt wire, custom CAI setup, 18" Konig Zero-in Rims wrapped in Toyo Proxes T1-R's, LED Running Boards, LED Foot Holds (front and back) resonator delete w/ Flowmaster Super 44 2.5 in/ dual 2.25 out mid body dump flush. KCR tune, custom paint and custom stitching throughout interior 2 RF P3D410's in spec ported box tuned to 34hz, 1500 watt SSL amp, 2 Farad Cap.

Soon to come: Lower and Upper engine build, complete trans build and hardening, custom turbo setup, custom tune, Concept body kit.

Comment

I just found out what was the cause of the problem. i have a leak coming from my rear brake line. So i have to fill up the master cyclinder every few days until i get this fixed.

Comment

Working...
                  X