whats up guys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats up guys?

hey guys whats going on? My name is Matt i live out on long island, NY and i own a 2006 pontiac G6 sedan 3.5L V6 black on black leather and a sun roof. The car is bone stock only thing done are tints and rain gaurdes. Anyway i'm looking to spruce the car up a little bit, and gain some fast and easy power...i am on budget and i know this stuff is expensive, but any help i can get will be helpful. I would really like to start with rims and tires and some small proformance, pics to come shortly. Thanks again!

Re: whats up guys?

Welcome Matt

Rims & Tires - On the forum main page, a vendor we have here is Discount Tire, check em out!

Performance: Intake - Search for the CRAB intake (or look out for a Doctor Speed intake, check for sale section)

Tune - Search for the WAMS tune, it's the most commonly used tune for our cars.

Exhaust - The most common are Magnaflow/Flowmaster, etc...it's all on what you like

Start a progression thread and do some modding
    Progression Thread - Updates on page 1

Show: Complete debadge, Black Eagle Eye headlights, 35% Tint, Front dart blackout, window trim blackout, front grill trim blackout, 2Crave No. 5 Wheels

Go: Intake resonator delete, Spectre intake piping, K&N drop in filter
    , MagnaFlow exhaust, Falken Azenis PT-722 Tires

Misc: RCA Headrest DVD players

Pending Install:
    Enroute:
    Next idea: Lowering Springs/Spacers

Comment

Welcome aboard!!
      Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
      Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
      WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

thanks guys...i was wondering why cant i post in the classified section? I will def start posting all my mods, i gotta admitt i like the look of stock...so i dont think ill be going to crazy just really clean, but while on the subject do a lot of you guys drop your cars when adding after market rims? My car has been riding pretty rough lately so i been thinking about putting on new struts...what else would cause such a rough ride?

Comment

I have aftermarket rims and didnt lower mine because I liked the ride as it was...
          Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
          Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
          WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

listen to that guy, do not lower, i will be raising mine shortly

Comment

Originally posted by JetsG6 View Post
              thanks guys...i was wondering why cant i post in the classified section? I will def start posting all my mods, i gotta admitt i like the look of stock...so i dont think ill be going to crazy just really clean, but while on the subject do a lot of you guys drop your cars when adding after market rims? My car has been riding pretty rough lately so i been thinking about putting on new struts...what else would cause such a rough ride?
              You have to have 100 posts. I asked about it when I first got here and it's to protect members from being scammed. I'm getting aftermarket rims and I don't plan on lowering it because I like the way it sits now (mines 2010 and I think it sits lower than 2009-05).[/QUOTE]
              Progression Thread - Updates on page 1

Show: Complete debadge, Black Eagle Eye headlights, 35% Tint, Front dart blackout, window trim blackout, front grill trim blackout, 2Crave No. 5 Wheels

Go: Intake resonator delete, Spectre intake piping, K&N drop in filter
              , MagnaFlow exhaust, Falken Azenis PT-722 Tires

Misc: RCA Headrest DVD players

Pending Install:
              Enroute:
              Next idea: Lowering Springs/Spacers

Comment

yea im looking for some aftermarket rims right now, i was hoping i could find something decent on the classifieds. As far as struts and shocks go...i am thinking about replacing the stock ones my ride has gotten considerably worse over the last few months. I also think i have to do my rear hub bearings...its starting to get a little loud...i just replaced the fronts a few months back. Also do you think 17" wheels will look to small?
                Last edited by Guest; 02-01-2012, 07:09 AM.

Comment

I say 17's are fine but i like 18's better. And i would love to see photos of your 1964 pontiac g6 lol

Comment

yea i would agree but i can get some good deals on 17's...and yea that was the default settings on my profile, but i fixed it up...Ill have some pics up soon my car needs a bath first.

Comment

welcome, you wouldn't happen to be the guy i referred the other day while at work would you? because I noticed you put long island and your g6 was black, so the description fits! and yes I do rep g6 performance wherever i go, my girlfriend is annoyed because i constantly stop whatever I'm doing when i see a 6 parked on the street so i can leave a note that says g6performance.com. ha

also 1 more thing, get some gtp rims. there are no other rims you could possibly ever buy that would look better on this car than the gtp rims. just the other day i saw an 08 g6 2.4 with a full gxp body and 2006 gtp rims LMAO, to the common folk no one would care, but since I'm an active g6er I knew better, because I was planning on putting the gxp body on mine too lol
                      Last edited by samurai; 02-01-2012, 10:10 AM.

Comment

lol so u highly recommend those rims i see...ill def look into getting some if i can find any. I am not the same guy you recommended but its funny that it worked out that way. didnt know there were people from li on here.

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Read the stickies and do some searches and you will find all the mods you need.
                          07 G6 GT Progression [traded]
                          05 Sentra S-ER Spec-V Progression

Comment

so i been thinking and one of my biggest issues with my car is that its an automatic...so i have been thinking about doing a conversion...has anyone on here done this before? what do you guys think?

Comment

Originally posted by JetsG6 View Post
                              so i been thinking and one of my biggest issues with my car is that its an automatic...so i have been thinking about doing a conversion...has anyone on here done this before? what do you guys think?
                              change of plans looked into it way to much work and money!

Comment

Working...
                              X