MFBA Road America Invite, April 28-29 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MFBA Road America Invite, April 28-29 2012

My car club rents out Road America each year for a full weekend. I've had a blast every year no matter what car I've been in. Last 2 years I had the G6 there, and reached a self limited top speed of 125mph because I was a little rough on the factory ceramic pads. They couldn't take the heat.

But this year I will either have my TransAm up there, or the G6 with Hawks HPS pads so I can play hardball.

If you aren't sure about your car, or not really sure about how much you think you'd like it, I suggest either coming out for a touring session, hanging out, and catching a ride with an instructor. The instructors really put their cars through their paces. Nissan GT-Rs, Vettes, Ferraris, Lambos, Porsches, we get them all.

Here are some pics from the Track photographer. Crested the hill about 100 and was doing about 110-115mph in the two track pics.

06' GTO @ 140mph flying based the grid, barely got him with my camera.

__________________________________________________ _________

The MFBA Road America Spring Rental dates have been set!

We'll be renting the track out the weekend of April 28'th and 29'th, 2012.

Full details and registration is available via our website:

All Make and Model Cars are Welcome to come out and Participate in this event!!

We have 4 run groups based on experience that get 4-5 20 min sessions
    out on track each day. You will have a LOT of track time! Most people
    are exhausted by the end of the day.

Instructors are available free of charge for people who would like
    them, and anyone who has not been on Road America will automatically
    have an instructor assigned to them.

We also offer a lunch time touring session for those that just want to
    get a chance to go out on the track at slower speeds.

Pricing..........................................W eekend..............Single Day
    Now till Feb 14th............................$395.............. .......$235
    Feb 14th to Apr 13th......................$445.................... ..$255
    Apr 13th to day of Event.................$495.....................$27 5
    Touring Session........................................... ..............$60
    Spectators........................................ ........................$5

Many of you noticed that we pushed last years event pretty hard to
    make it a success. We do plan to push this event even harder. We
    anticipate that some run groups will fill up early so we strongly
    encourage per-registration.

Thanks and we hope to see you in the spring!

- MFBA

Re: MFBA Road America Invite, April 28-29 2012

so wanna do this
    Get out the way!

to many things to list and also change my mind way to much to actually tell people lol

Comment

Originally posted by becksmerc View Post
      so wanna do this
      You should come out. You aren't that far away, certainly closer than I am.

Even if all you do is show up to watch, or do touring then its well worth.

Touring is about 60 minutes of track time, its not a unrestricted speed session, limit is 70mph but can still corner VERY hard. Enough so that you may get your brakes warm.

I was hooked from my very first event, and all I did then was head up, watch, and catch some instructor rides in their cars. Awesome fun.

Only 3 more weeks till the event.

Comment

That sounds like fun. I always wanted to check out racetracks like Road America. That track is way out in Wisconsin right? I've only experienced it on Forza 4.
        Roku's Mods: K&N air intake system, Eibach lowering springs, 225/45R18 Bridgestone Potenza RE970AS Pole Postion Tires, 18in OZ Ultraleggera wheels (black), Disc Italia brake pads and slotted rotors, debadged, 30% window tint, Eagle Eye headlights (black), DDM 6000K HID low headlights, Notto SE 10000K HID fog lights, LED taillights, Koni shock absorbers and front struts, Racingline strut tower bar and grounding kit, Sirius Satellite Radio, BMD front end links, BMD steel braided brake lines, Brembo four piston front brake calipers, MPD ram air hood (body color), upper and lower recessed grilles (body color) GM Ground Effects kit (body color), Hammerhead flushmount spolier (body color), Customized Pontiac Concept Dart (Black w/ Carbon Fiber), Remin carbon fiber dash kit, WAMS ECM 91 Octane Tune, Borla pro xs dual muffler exhaust with vibrant resonator
        Roku's progression:http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...36&pagenumber=

Comment

How many G6's came to the last event and how many do you think are going to come to this event?

Comment

Working...
          X