Stock Car Speakers Ratings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock Car Speakers Ratings?

I've searched every where and cannot find the RMS ratings for my current door/deck speakers. I have found a head unit I like but don't want to kill my stock speakers, thanks for the help
    Progression Thread - Updates on page 1

Show: Complete debadge, Black Eagle Eye headlights, 35% Tint, Front dart blackout, window trim blackout, front grill trim blackout, 2Crave No. 5 Wheels

Go: Intake resonator delete, Spectre intake piping, K&N drop in filter
    , MagnaFlow exhaust, Falken Azenis PT-722 Tires

Misc: RCA Headrest DVD players

Pending Install:
    Enroute:
    Next idea: Lowering Springs/Spacers

Re: Stock Car Speakers Ratings?

they are always hard to find....our stock speakers are paper with a foam surround on them and dont really hold up well too aftermarket head units because the put out more power than stock...i acually blew both sets of speakers with the stock system so aftermarket head unit will for sure blow them so if you do get one plan on relpacing them all eventually

Comment

while im reading this i may as well ask what size the rear ones are? blew my speakers me and my bass

Comment

6x9s have fun changing those tho....getting that deck off is a bitch! Im thinking about upgrading my speakers I put back there when I blew mine(didnt have alot of money then) believe there is a how to on here or another site that I used to get it off

Comment

Stock speakers are crap. Get after-market speakers if you are using an after-market head unit. Last thing you want is to use cheap speakers for any set-up. I replaced my stock speakers with a set of Kenwood and they now sound noticeably better even with the stock factory stereo.

Comment

Originally posted by footballreece View Post
            6x9s have fun changing those tho....getting that deck off is a bitch! Im thinking about upgrading my speakers I put back there when I blew mine(didnt have alot of money then) believe there is a how to on here or another site that I used to get it off
            6x9s in the back...

Originally posted by mrslcom View Post
            Stock speakers are crap. Get after-market speakers if you are using an after-market head unit. Last thing you want is to use cheap speakers for any set-up. I replaced my stock speakers with a set of Kenwood and they now sound noticeably better even with the stock factory stereo.

What are they in the front? 4.5s?
            Progression Thread - Updates on page 1

Show: Complete debadge, Black Eagle Eye headlights, 35% Tint, Front dart blackout, window trim blackout, front grill trim blackout, 2Crave No. 5 Wheels

Go: Intake resonator delete, Spectre intake piping, K&N drop in filter
            , MagnaFlow exhaust, Falken Azenis PT-722 Tires

Misc: RCA Headrest DVD players

Pending Install:
            Enroute:
            Next idea: Lowering Springs/Spacers

Comment

Either a 5.25" or a 6.5" will fit in the front doors, but you do need a mounting bracklet to give you more clearance.

Comment

Stock rear are 6x9
                stock front are 6.5

stock speakers hold back even the stock deck, I put some sony 4 way xplodes in the rear recently and it sounds much better, 6.5s go in next.

removing the rear speakers takes little effort, just make sure to pull the plastic down pillars off. they tie into the rear shelf.

I also silicone my speakers to the boxes and the boxes to the car. Then attacked anything i could find that would rattle with silicone. (installed speakers first time and it rattled to much) even with a base model cd deck it was 10x better then oem.

Comment

I'm guessing you guys don't have the Monsoon system?

Comment

I have the monsoon system what about it? well no longer stock speakers though lol

Comment

Ah, just curious. Honestly, with a subwoofer and the treble cranked, these speakers are pretty decent for what they are. Also, having the bass in the negatives gives a lesser chance of blowing the speakers.

I guess I'm just blown away that you guys think these speakers suck! lulz.

Oh, and did you hook them up to an amp? I'm considering getting new 2 ohm 6.5 speakers up front and contemplating the whole amp thing.

Comment

I also have the Monsoon system in my car. The bass is pretty decent, but I wish the clarity was as good as the Bose system in my Chevy.
                        Hit the tires and light the fires

Current Mods:
                        CRABs Option 3, Racingline TSB, Racingline Grounding Kit, Magnaflow Dual Exhaust/Resonator Delete, Taillight Bevels, RAZO Pedal Covers, Painted Engine Covers, Powerstop Brake Kit, Painted Calipers, Gorilla Red Lug Nuts, REMIN Dash Kit, BMD Endlinks, Painted mirror caps, Partial Debadge, Borbet MA wheels, Eibach lowering kit, Monroe shocks and struts

Future Mods:
                        AIT Front Bumper (Awaiting Paint/Installation), Concept Emblems (Awaiting Installation), NGK spark plugs, GTP Rear Bumper Cover, AIT Hood, FPU, CCFL headlights

Comment

Originally posted by ImperialBlue View Post
                          Ah, just curious. Honestly, with a subwoofer and the treble cranked, these speakers are pretty decent for what they are. Also, having the bass in the negatives gives a lesser chance of blowing the speakers.

Oh, and did you hook them up to an amp? I'm considering getting new 2 ohm 6.5 speakers up front and contemplating the whole amp thing.
                          Go listen to a decent aftermarket setup and you will see why these speakers suck. If you are going to get an amp you might aswell run all new speaker wires and lines to your headunit and just bypass the whole monsoon system.

Comment

Originally posted by ImperialBlue View Post

Yes they sound decent when you just listen to them by themself because you don't know what you're missing.
                            If you can compare the stocks with after-market speakers side-by-side you will hear higher clarity that's lacking with factory speakers.
                            I did that during installation with cheap Kenwoods on the right and stocks on the left. Then I played with the balance control and the Kenwoods sounded noticeably clearer but softer. The stock speakers on the left sounded dull but was louder.

Comment

ever consider that the kenwoods are just new? when speakers are used for a few years they lose clearity

Comment

Working...
                              X