New XM -Aftermarket SureConnect system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New XM -Aftermarket SureConnect system

Has anyone used this new system with a G6?

Basically, you have to run a wire to the antenna...but Im not really sure where the antenna connector is? I am assuming its on the rear window, but I didn't see any clips to connect the sureconnect dongle to...

Anyone??

thx

Never heard of it, but the other end of the am/fm antenna is right behind the radio, in fact, it may be built into the same wire that the XM is used for, because when I changed my radio there was only one wire connecting to the back of the stock radio.
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
      Never heard of it, but the other end of the am/fm antenna is right behind the radio, in fact, it may be built into the same wire that the XM is used for, because when I changed my radio there was only one wire connecting to the back of the stock radio.
      Actually, the XM antenna wire is part of the wiring harness.

sigpic
      Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Originally posted by TLS2000
        Originally posted by GTPGuy82
        Actually, the XM antenna wire is part of the wiring harness.
        But according to the SureConnect documentation, you attach it to the physical antenna...not the antenna cable or the wiring harness that connects the wires...

Basically...I was just wondering where the phyisical radio antenna is (i am assuming the rear window, but I cant find the spot that the window meets the actual antenna cable that runs back to the radio.

Comment

The two vertical lines in your rear window are the FM antenna. I would check where they meet the headliner to see if you can find the antenna line.

Comment

Originally posted by jnak
            The two vertical lines in your rear window are the FM antenna. I would check where they meet the headliner to see if you can find the antenna line.
            Found it. Now I just have to buy a new unit ;-)

Comment

Just wanted to follow up....

I purchased the skyfi 3 and installed it into my g6. Sound quality is MUCH improved over the FM modulator in my Xpress.

Ran the Sureconnect adaptor thru the door molding on the passenger side, then under the passenger seat to the xm unit.

The extra installation is worth the quality improvement. No static. Period.

Comment

Thats great, did you happen to take any pics during installation?
                Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Originally posted by Toyz
                  Thats great, did you happen to take any pics during installation?
                  No i didn't. I will when I get a chance though.

Comment

have you gotten a chance yet, lol....because i will be doing this this weekend when i install my roadyxt
                    what makes a decision right or wrong is what happens after that decision is made -Marv Levy

'07 GT coupe, black with black rolling on black(crome) The Original

Comment

Working...
                    X