Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2x 10in MTX subs... in back seat?

Alright...

so do you all think it would be possible for me to setup two 10inch MTX subs on the floor in my backseat, and build a false floor above them? I think that would be kind of cool..

I could always just set them up in the trunk,but I think this would possibly be more fun?

Are you talking about on the floor between the front and rear seats, or actually under the rear seats? You're thread title and content seem to suggest both....

For the floor, You'd need to raise it probably 6 inches or so to get enough clearance to mount them - kinda limits rear seat legroom, albeit it would look pretty cool.

I don't think there's enough room under the rear seats to mount them.
    Originally posted by colinpeddle
    They'll begin missing us soon. Once all the threads stay on topic thru 14 pages... oh they'll miss us, our wit and our insane ability to wander off topic so effortlessly. Some day, a g5er will stop and say

Go tell the G6ers, passerby,
    That here, by G6er law, we lie
    Stranger, tell the G6ers that we behaved as they would wish us to, and are buried here.
    THIS IS G6PERFORMANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KJHLKAJDHLKJHLKAAHHHHHHHHHHHH<- battle cry.

Comment

Yes it is possible to do. Now I feel sorry for anyone sitting in the back seats because their knees are going to be way up in the air. Also keep in mind you are going to have to stash your amp somewhere. Plus you will need to eithre rear fire or front fire them. That way you wont get them kicked or the grills bent up when people sit in the back seats.
      Originally posted by Nikki
      You are an e-pimp.
      Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
      I tried too, my penis way too big
      07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
      My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
      The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

As joey made a great point for firing direction, this leaves you with atleast a 10"+ high box. That is taller then most stepping stools. Although it is a neat idear, you might want to rethink it if you have the backseats being used often. Just my .02, but if you decide to go this route, take plenty of pics, cause im sure it would look neat.
        Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

under the seat directly? if you even have to put a 1 inch lift under the seat then anyone that sits back there is gonna have to tilt their head

not alot of head room...even less if you have a sunroof

Comment

Just take out the rear seats altogether.

Problem solved!

And it would look pretty sweet too.
            2006 Saturn ION Redline...slightly modded.

Comment

I left out the possibility of down firing the subs but then you need to figure in excursion. I doubt you will be running 9500's so there wont be a huge amount of excursion but I would say you should have around 2 inches between the sub and the floor. You are looking at some crappy back seat room but it can be done. I don't have a trunk at all and I don't mind really. Sometimes it is a pain in the ass but if I get upset with no room I just crank the volume and I feel better.
              You are an e-pimp.
              07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.

Comment

Yeah just take the seats out if you want to go that direction.....
                Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

Originally posted by disposablehero
                  Sometimes it is a pain in the ass but if I get upset with no room I just crank the volume and I feel better.

I WANT to put subs in the trunk....but I NEED to carry my golf clubs around....what to do....

Comment

Cut the clubs in half. Or you can drop the seats and put the clubs in the back seat. They will fit.
                    You are an e-pimp.

Comment

I'd say just leave them in the trunk, you'll shoot yourself or your passengers will if you ever have anybody ride in there. It is possible, but not at all practical which I guess isn't exactly where you were going with this.

Comment

Originally posted by jnak
                        I WANT to put subs in the trunk....but I NEED to carry my golf clubs around....what to do....
                        Buy another set of clubs... Here you go i think they will fit after subs
                        Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Why not just put a single driver in a box on one side of the trunk, that way you'll have room for your golf club and have the thumpage.

Comment

Originally posted by Toyz
                            Originally posted by jnak
                            Buy another set of clubs... Here you go i think they will fit after subs

those are the exact clubs I have!

Originally posted by Interfire
                            PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:01 pm Post subject:
                            Why not just put a single driver in a box on one side of the trunk, that way you'll have room for your golf club and have the thumpage.
                            That's the way I had my Grand Am set up....so I've got all the equipment already. The problem is that sometimes I need to carry more than one set of clubs....although I guess I could fold the rear seat down for that.....

You bastards have me seriously thinking about this now...damn you!

Comment

your clubs will fit, just take out your woods and lay them on top of bags...at least mine fit across that way

Comment

Working...
                              X