Beastly body roll?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beastly body roll?

Dammit, I screwed up the quote and accidentally edited the post down to nothing... uhmmm...
    Point is... my car has massive body roll, but the tires stick just fine. I was just wondering if this is an occurance in all G6's.
    2007 G5 Base Model
    Black 5 Speed

Walmart - A store where you can buy a shot gun, ammunition, a ski mask, a baseball bat, a meat cleaver and map of the middle east, but you can't buy a CD that has a "Parental Advisory" sticker.

Get some better tires. I hated the way my ride cornered till I got my rims. I can hold at way higher speeds. Mine are 20"s and z rated too.
    Originally posted by Nikki
    You are an e-pimp.
    Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
    I tried too, my penis way too big
    07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
    My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
    The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

My GTP dives like mad in the corners too, but it's never lost it's grip and I push it pretty hard.

sigpic
      Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Originally posted by disposablehero
        Get some better tires. I hated the way my ride cornered till I got my rims. I can hold at way higher speeds. Mine are 20"s and z rated too.
        how fast could you possibly go w/ 20" rims in a 6er. Arent they heavy? Well I guess you would be gripping the road more. eh...

Comment

depends on what kind of rims you get and the material they are made out of.

Comment

The GM Strut Bar helps a lot too. Not a bad fix for a great price. It won't make it go away, but it tames it some.
            SOLD * 2006 G6 GTP 6MT * SOLD
            Crimson Red W/Taupe 2-Tone Leather; DoctorSpeed Stage 4 CAB, Custom Dual Muffler Exhaust ;"JAKED" Lower Grille, GM Strut Bar, Aftermarket Spoiler, White Faced Gauges, Painted Interior Parts, Window Tints, Mostly debadged.
            CURRENT: 2007 Acura TL Type-S 286 HP 6MT
            Moroccan Red Pearl /Taupe Leather Sports Seats; Tints: 15% rears, 50% fronts;Axis Hiro 18X8.5 hyper silver wheels w/Yokohama Advan S.4. 245/40/18 UHPAS Tires; Color-Matched Splash Guards

Comment

I find the body roll to be excessive, like you said the rear is the problem...
              Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

Body roll's not a huge deal on my GTP, but it *is* there, and probably considered excessive by some standards.

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
                - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
                - DS S3 Intake
                - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

Originally posted by hnda8n
                  how fast could you possibly go w/ 20" rims in a 6er. Arent they heavy? Well I guess you would be gripping the road more. eh...
                  How fast, I have hit the top speed limit several times. Now I am talking about getting off the highway here in amarillo where the rec. speed on the exit says 30 and I am going 75 and holding. When I had the stock rims at 55 I would loose traction and skid out so back at ya winner.
                  Originally posted by Nikki
                  You are an e-pimp.
                  Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
                  I tried too, my penis way too big
                  07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
                  My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
                  The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

Joey's feelin vindictive today
                    Originally posted by colinpeddle
                    They'll begin missing us soon. Once all the threads stay on topic thru 14 pages... oh they'll miss us, our wit and our insane ability to wander off topic so effortlessly. Some day, a g5er will stop and say

Go tell the G6ers, passerby,
                    That here, by G6er law, we lie
                    Stranger, tell the G6ers that we behaved as they would wish us to, and are buried here.
                    THIS IS G6PERFORMANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KJHLKAJDHLKJHLKAAHHHHHHHHHHHH<- battle cry.

Comment

Originally posted by hnda8n
                      How fast, I have hit the top speed limit several times. Now I am talking about getting off the highway here in amarillo where the rec. speed on the exit says 30 and I am going 75 and holding. When I had the stock rims at 55 I would loose traction and skid out so back at ya winner.
                      ^
                      I believe ya!

I will probably stick with 18s, but I'd love to ditch these horrible Goodyears and upgrade to something a lot better.

Also, I wanna switch my fronts over the the size the Grand Prix GXP uses (from what I understand, still 18" but slightly bigger than the rears which are the same as ours, to reduce torque steer) to compensate for the upgraded torque from the S/C. With some V-rates, the off-ramps around here should be nice and fun like yours

There's nothing wrong with 20"s though, the common misconception is that they ruin your speed, but the type of tire you use is FAR more important. And yea, if you use ricey heavy-ass rims, you're gonna suffer. But then, if you did that, you'd just be an idiot. Not all 20"s are boulder-weights.

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
                      - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
                      - DS S3 Intake
                      - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

Uhmmm.... dude, the one of the first things I said (before I messed up the post trying to quote) was that the tires were just fine. They dont start crying till around 55-60 mph on an exit ramp.
                        2007 G5 Base Model
                        Black 5 Speed

Walmart - A store where you can buy a shot gun, ammunition, a ski mask, a baseball bat, a meat cleaver and map of the middle east, but you can't buy a CD that has a "Parental Advisory" sticker.

Comment

Even the GTP isn't made to be a mad-cornering, autocrossing machine. It's supposed to be a a mix of performance and comfort in one vehicle. Because of that, it doesn't have the stiffest suspension or highest dampened shocks. I would imagine this is even more so the case on the V6 or Ecotech models.
                          Originally posted by colinpeddle
                          They'll begin missing us soon. Once all the threads stay on topic thru 14 pages... oh they'll miss us, our wit and our insane ability to wander off topic so effortlessly. Some day, a g5er will stop and say

Go tell the G6ers, passerby,
                          That here, by G6er law, we lie
                          Stranger, tell the G6ers that we behaved as they would wish us to, and are buried here.
                          THIS IS G6PERFORMANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KJHLKAJDHLKJHLKAAHHHHHHHHHHHH<- battle cry.

Comment

Originally posted by carsuperfreak
                            Even the GTP isn't made to be a mad-cornering, autocrossing machine. It's supposed to be a a mix of performance and comfort in one vehicle. Because of that, it doesn't have the stiffest suspension or highest dampened shocks. I would imagine this is even more so the case on the V6 or Ecotech models.
                            Ecotec (no H) Sorry, that bugs me. Im guessing thats true. The main reason I asked is because taking off ramps I would hit a bump or crack and the rear of the body seemed to shift ever so slightly to the side and was wondering if thats normal.
                            2007 G5 Base Model
                            Black 5 Speed

Comment

My car's got some roll too..the strut bar helped some but it's still there.

Would lowering the car help this out?

Comment

Working...
                              X