This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WAMS was pretty bad...

I'm sorry, I know they're a vendor, but my experience with them was pretty terrible. I communicated with Chris once with a question and he responded the same day and seemed very friendly.

I actually placed my order on October 3rd, a little after one o'clock in the morning, and paid for the second day air shipping. Chris responded to the aforementioned question by saying something like, we won't be able to ship at the earliest until next weekend and that's after we get the ECM.

I tried contacting him on the 26th of October and got no response. I sent another e-mail on November 6th, stating that I had ordered the tune over a month ago and asking what was up with it, and if it was going to take that long why would I have paid for express shipping. The response I got simply stated that the ECM was coming to them and that the T&C states that it could take over a month to ship, even though on their website it clearly states that they have one in stock and that it usually ships in 24 hours.

I finally got an e-mail on November 19th stating that my order had been shipped, almost seven weeks after I placed the order. I waited until the 24th before sending yet another e-mail stating that I had not received my product even though I paid for second day air shipping and wanted to discuss some form of reimbursement. The response was that the T&C state that the shipping is out of their hands and it's not their fault if UPS is backed up because of the holiday.

Assuming I ever actually get my product, I will be thankful to never have to deal with WAMS again. Had I known it would have been this much hassle and this long of a wait, I don't know that I would have bought one and I certainly would not have paid for faster shipping. I really expected more out of this company based on the glowing reviews and praise from other 6ers.

I sent another e-mail today stating that the wait alone was ridiculous, and "Even forgetting about the nearly seven week wait before my order was even shipped, I paid for a service when I paid for the second day air shipping, and that service was not given to me. It has been over a week since it was allegedly shipped, and since I still have not received my product, I want compensation for at least the shipping part of my order."

We'll see where it goes from here. Unfortunately unless we 6ers want to pay for and go through Vector, there aren't many options available to us, and I think he knows that which allows him to be a little more careless in his business decisions.

There, no direct copying and pasting from the e-mails. Much better.
    Last edited by Teper129; 11-27-2011, 08:06 PM.
    My Ride: 2008 Pontiac G6 GXP Street Edition

Installed: CRAB O3 and FPU, Black Altezza Tails, Black Eagle Eye Halos, GT-R Exhaust, 93 Octane WAMS tune!
    On Order:
    Eventually: Brembo rotors/calipers for the front, SS rotors/calipers for the back, Racingling Strut Tower Bar, Racingling Motor Mount Inserts, coloring for the interior and under the hood, new summer wheels/tires, new winter wheels/tires, new badges, and painted calipers.

Re: WAMS was pretty bad...

I honestly love how people click "I legally agree" to the terms and conditions not once but TWICE when ordering then get all bent out of shape when things happen that are completely explained in the terms and conditions that they supposedly read and then agreed to.

Sorry you feel this way but your the UPS store confirmed your order went out 2nd Day Air late this week (we had a holiday remember?) but again ALL of this is explained in the T&C that you agreed to.
    Chris White
    http://www.GTOShiftLight.com
    2006 Spice Red GTO - Stock
    2012 CTS-V 1 of 57 Custom IPC/BCM/Radio Corsa/LPE CAI
    2012 Cherokee SRT8 - Stockish
    2013 SRX - Custom IPC, BCM and CUE
    2013 XTS Platinum - Custom IPC

Comment

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Seems to be a common occurrence that people don't read the terms and conditions on the WAMS site, and there are things within the document stating things which could be considered abnormal.

Progression Page - G6P Garage

They had like 47 different kinds of diapers there so I picked up some ShamWow's and Duct Tape instead

Comment

I don't really see what the issue is. On the order page under terms and conditions on the page it states it might take up to 90 days due to the fact that the ECM had to be special ordered. You're order shipped in less than half of that, and it happened to ship on a holiday which screwed up shipping so you won't get it till Monday or Tuesday.
        2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
        Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
        Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
        2005 CGM GTO.
        386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
        2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
          Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

Originally posted by Teper129 View Post
            I tried contacting him on the 26th of October and got no response. I sent another e-mail on November 6th, stating that I had ordered the tune over a month ago and asking what was up with it, and if it was going to take that long why would I have paid for express shipping. The response I got simply stated, "ECM is enroute, as stated in the terms and conditions it may take over 30
            days for new ECM units to ship." Even though on their website it clearly states that they have one in stock and that it usually ships in 24 hours.

I finally got an e-mail on November 19th stating that my order had been shipped, almost seven weeks after I placed the order.
            I don't really want to get in the middle of this, but as a business person, I would hope that any Vendor who is high profile would take the care to first answer an email, then answer in a way to bolster the faith of the customer, comfort them and let them know that there is no issue. They should know that poor customer service is never rewarded. To answer with some BS that 'you clicked an agreement', 'too bad', and hide behind that stinks. I don't think that's what the customer on the fence wants to hear happened when someone asks "How was dealing with WAMS?' , because believe me, he will. But, if that's how you roll, that's your business. I wouldn't want to deal with a vendor like that. I don't have to pay your bills.

If it was shipped 11/19 as is stated, then something is really wrong. If it was tendered 11/19, it should have went out before business end Monday, 11/21, and someone screwed up. See, UPS did Air deliveries on Friday 11/25. 2nd Day is a guaranteed service. It doesn't slop around like ground shipping. So a package shipped 11/22 on a 2nd day would have come in 11/25. (11/24 is a holiday and does not count). So, did it really go out Wednesday 11/23? Response on this thread has a differnet answer. Why?
            Apparently it still hasn't come in.
            Again, as a responsible business, we go to our shipper, and request a refund or compensation, then pass that on to the person who really pays the bills THE CUSTOMER.

Sorry you guys have this going on. I hope that it turns out well for everyone. I admit I don't have all the facts, but what I see here isn't too promising.
            Maybe I get banned for life as 4 different Vendor/Moderator/Sponsored already voiced on this. That's fine, I'll get the message.

FYI, I am in the automotive business, over 20 years, I have an idea about dealing with customers, backorders, vendors, and shipping. I do this for a living.
            I'm not just some guy talking out my a**.

Comment

I can see boths sides; however, as an individual buying something I would hope that if it is an item that might take 90 days to get, that nothing but ground shipping is available. Why pay for upgraded shipping if you have to wait possibly 3 months, you aren't gonna be in a big hurry at that point. That being said, I guess you have to read even though who actually reads the terms.

Sucks both ways as one person doesn't get service they wanted and other provides what they say but has to deal with terms that aren't read.

Comment

Originally posted by bluegtp33 View Post
                I can see boths sides; however, as an individual buying something I would hope that if it is an item that might take 90 days to get, that nothing but ground shipping is available. Why pay for upgraded shipping if you have to wait possibly 3 months, you aren't gonna be in a big hurry at that point. That being said, I guess you have to read even though who actually reads the terms.

Sucks both ways as one person doesn't get service they wanted and other provides what they say but has to deal with terms that aren't read.
                Yup and I would agree unfortunately the site software doesnt allow for that hence we MAKE the user agree to the terms twice, once when they register and every single time thereafter an order is placed just to try and make sure stuff like this doesn't happen. The terms are there to protect both parties and inform customers how things operate and alert them to a few things that are a bit different. Here a couple of quotes from the terms that explains things related to this thread in detail:

"7.) The ship time quoted on any ECM/TCM/PCM tune is for YOU shipping in YOUR ECM/TCM/PCM. Ship time for new ECM/TCM/PCM tunes is subject to many factors please contact us FIRST if order timing is an issue!"

"These units may not be stocked and subsequently subject to a 30+ Day wait (but no longer than 90 days) so please plan accordingly."

"A note about order status indications. "Pending" means the order has been submitted but no payment has been received therefore will not be processed. "Confirmed" means the order has been received as well as payment and the order process has begun. "Shipped" means the order has been completed by us and has been dropped at a third party to be shipped out. The time between the "Shipped" indication and actual shipping may vary depending on the third parties shipping backlog. We will not have access to tracking numbers until at least the next weekend after your order has been marked as shipped so please keep that in mind."

"Currently we are only open and processing orders on the weekends due to workload. The quoted processing time may or may not apply depending on the product and options you choose and when it's received. If an item is received for programming/overhaul/rework at our facility during the week it may take an extra weekend (IE over a week) to be processed.

If timing is an issue PLEASE email us FIRST before ordering to make sure we can meet your needs!"
                Chris White
                http://www.GTOShiftLight.com
                2006 Spice Red GTO - Stock
                2012 CTS-V 1 of 57 Custom IPC/BCM/Radio Corsa/LPE CAI
                2012 Cherokee SRT8 - Stockish
                2013 SRX - Custom IPC, BCM and CUE
                2013 XTS Platinum - Custom IPC

Comment

when you order something, reading the terms are important and like chris said, he contacted you regarding your concerns and addressed them. I don't see how anyone else coming in and saying " well hey i own a business too and I would have done it differently." if so then start doing what he does and somehow get GM to send you shit faster than they can get/make em.
                  sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

Working...
                  X