Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What up?

Hey all,

I just bought a 2008 G6 GXP Saturday. It is black on black coupe with street package. It had 16k miles and I paid 17,400. It seems to be fully loaded and is an automatic. I traded in my 04 Mustang GT in which I had a ton of money in. (supercharged, etc.) It is weird going to a much slower car, but my first car was 96 Grand Prix GTP so I already had a bit of a passion for the platform. So far I love it. It is kind of peppy, rides great, and has a ton of features. After browsing around, it doesn't seem like there are many go fast mods out there. I will probably get the Crabs and GTR exhaust if I can find it. Maybe get a tune and some sticky tires and call it a day. Thinking about window tint as well.

Don't know about anyone else, but thinking about looking into replacing this gaudy spoiler too lol.

Kinda nervous about seeing so many threads about technical problems on here, hopefully they don't have that many issues.

Thanks everyone, hope to learn a lot here.

Re: What up?

Welcome Welcome to the site

CARDOMAIN ................ PROGRESSION
    08 G6 GXP 20/10% tinted windows including 10" 10% brow,
    Crabs Intake Opt. 3 w/ FPU, Angel Eye Halo Projector Head Lights,
    Eibach Pro Kit lowering springs, Powder coated grilles, Raceingline STB,
    & Riken Raptors ZR 245/45-18's.
    TO BE INSTALL:
    Cquence Rotors, ceramic brake pads & paint calipers black
    92 LX Notchback mustang ~ Mods: 50 series flowmaster exhaust, 373 gears
    LOST BUT NOT FORGOTTEN 2006 G6 GT
    http://www.epicimpressionsphotography.com/

Comment

Welcome! I'm glad someone else agrees that huge spoiler is hideous.
      Traded G6 - http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=17590
      2006 G6 V6, 12" vinyl strip along windshield, 5% tint on all around, painted mirrors, Eibach Pro-Kit, CRABS Option 3, Dr. Speed FPU, 8k Highs/Lows with halogen fogs, tinted tails, custom Flowmaster 44 exhaust with resonator delete, and a Kenwood headunit along with a metra kit.

New Car - http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=22863
      2009 Cobalt SS/TC, K&N SRI, ZZP catless DP, EFR 6758, Polished TC wheels, Injen Charge pipes, Retros, HPTuned, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Wert842 View Post
        Welcome! I'm glad someone else agrees that huge spoiler is hideous.
        Hey now I am on the fence about my hammerhead I like it but then I don't!

TO BE INSTALL:

Comment

If teh Hammerhead would work with the vert, I'd be right on it
          CRABs, STBs, Uppers, Loud Noises Coming Out The Back End

Odd random pics on my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001119651822

sigpic

Comment

Thanks guys. Nice notch epic.

I don't see any dyno results on here. Does the CRAB/GTR/Tune actually net any whp?

Comment

Heh I had threatened to go to a couple dyno days over the summer but didn't get to any (one I had started on my way to but called down there and they were already closing up the shop )

Anyway I'm hoping to get in a run before the end of the year (I know...cool story bro until it actually takes place)

I can say that the GT-R definitely made a torque difference butt-dyno-wise
              CRABs, STBs, Uppers, Loud Noises Coming Out The Back End

Odd random pics on my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001119651822

sigpic

Comment

The street edition hammerhead, with the brake light, is ridiculous and ugly. The regular hammerhead, without the brake light, is sexy.
                Mods: GT-R exhaust, CRABs O3 w/FPU, 35% tint, 5000K HID lows/fogs, upper/lower recessed grilles, Racingline strut bar, concept darts, white LED map/dome/mirror/trunk/license/reverse lights

Comment

Originally posted by lilcrate View Post
                  Thanks guys. Nice notch epic.

I don't see any dyno results on here. Does the CRAB/GTR/Tune actually net any whp?
                  Thank you it's my baby!
                  As far as the crabs it's a bolt on add about 11 additional hp which is not bad for a nontuner bolt on intake, I don't have the GT-R so I can't help ya on that speed/play toy is what my mustang is for
                  Last edited by EpicRed; 10-26-2011, 12:38 AM.

TO BE INSTALL:

Comment

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
                    Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

Welcome!
                      Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                      Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                      WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Welcome!
                        I don't like the hammerhead either but I recommend MPD's Coupe spoiler! It's subtle and sexy.
                        http://www.mpd1.com/content/pontiac_couperear.html

Comment

Originally posted by EpicRed View Post
                          Hey now I am on the fence about my hammerhead I like it but then I don't!
                          Lol. Sorry. I think them things are ugly as can be. The car looks so much smoother without those big wings bulging out past the cars body lines. It doesn't flow at all with the car. It's just my opinion though. I suggestedIt to a kid I go to school with to take it off his gxp coupe and he told me thanks cause he loves the way car looks now. Just my .02.
                          Traded G6 - http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=17590
                          2006 G6 V6, 12" vinyl strip along windshield, 5% tint on all around, painted mirrors, Eibach Pro-Kit, CRABS Option 3, Dr. Speed FPU, 8k Highs/Lows with halogen fogs, tinted tails, custom Flowmaster 44 exhaust with resonator delete, and a Kenwood headunit along with a metra kit.

New Car - http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=22863
                          2009 Cobalt SS/TC, K&N SRI, ZZP catless DP, EFR 6758, Polished TC wheels, Injen Charge pipes, Retros, HPTuned, etc...

Comment

You pretty much got a grasp on the best performance mods, but don't expect any amazing changes in hp/acceleration/etc. Better tires can help your times a bit too, but the amount of available mods may be somewhat dull after the seemingly unlimited modding that can be done with a stang. I'd have to agree with the removal of the hammerhead also
                            Current: 2015 Volvo s60 t6 awd r-design platinum

Former: 2006 Pontiac G6 GTP 3.9L Sedan Silver loaded w/ GT-R Exhaust, CRABS CAB Intake w/ FPU, AIT Carbon Fiber hood & roof wing spoiler, GM Ground Effects Kit, Eagle Eyes black CCFL halo projectors, 18" Konig Airstrike rims, shadow chrome recessed upper/lower grilles, 35% tint all around, tinted tails, Kenwood Excelon X497 Head Unit, R1 concepts drilled/slotted rotors, silver door plate sills, Racingline STB, Bridgestone Potenza Pole Position tires, custom GTP floor/trunk mats, gm carbon silver interior trim kit, CF dart & pillar overlays/plate bracket, rs-1 cf/silver pedals, red calipers w/ GTP logos, chief badge replacements, red/silver painted engine/battery covers, windshield washer relocate

Comment

Thanks guys. I find it very hard to believe that a CRABs will net 11 hp to the wheels but that would be impressive if it did. I'm not looking for a race car, just don't want to do a mod if it isn't going to make it any quicker. It would be nice to make a low 14 sec pass and daily drive it. It is probably a good thing for me there isn't a lot to do to this car.

LOL, they already have my Mustang up for sale. They only gave me 8 for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X