SFCs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SFCs

Anyone make subframe connectors....just thinking at lunch today and thought these might help elliminate a lot of the panoramic roof noise I get...
    2005 EBM G6 GT

take it in and let the shop fix the noise..they should know about it and how to fix it

Comment

1st dealer didn't know crap. "fixed" it twice

2nd dealer did know how to fix it. Fix lasted a couple months. Getting ready to take it in again.....eventually the warranty will run out
      2005 EBM G6 GT

Comment

yeah, my dad's sedan had the same issue.

the dealer truly did fix the roof issue before...was whisper quiet for about 6 months...but it's back again...with a vengeance. seems to be one of those issues that will have to get adjusted as part of GM Simplified Maintenance...
        2009 PONTIAC G8
        MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

What is the fix the dealers use?
          Originally posted by colinpeddle
          They'll begin missing us soon. Once all the threads stay on topic thru 14 pages... oh they'll miss us, our wit and our insane ability to wander off topic so effortlessly. Some day, a g5er will stop and say

Go tell the G6ers, passerby,
          That here, by G6er law, we lie
          Stranger, tell the G6ers that we behaved as they would wish us to, and are buried here.
          THIS IS G6PERFORMANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KJHLKAJDHLKJHLKAAHHHHHHHHHHHH<- battle cry.

Comment

There is a TSB that requires they install mylar washers between the frame and the roof. First dealer did that, got rid of a certain noise, but the loose knocking sound stayed. Second dealer "tightened" everything per the service order. That worked for about 2 months. If I take it back and the writer suggestes tightening again, I am going to insist they use red loctite.
            2005 EBM G6 GT

Comment

mine makes a lot of noise but it just sounds like the sun shade cover thing that slides back from the interior of the car to block out the sun-don't think it's anymore than that.
              TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

The sunshade actually hides a lot of the noise, the roof is much noisier with the shade open than it is when its closed. My noise is definitely coming from the sunroof frame
                2005 EBM G6 GT

Comment

it took me 3 trips, 1 to install the washers and 2 to "tighten" the panels. but besides when my car gets on some really rough roads, the roof is noise free

Comment

crazy because with my sun shade closed it is ridiculously loud-I'm forced to leave the shade open all the time because it makes so much damn noise.
                    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Originally posted by LoJac963
                      crazy because with my sun shade closed it is ridiculously loud-I'm forced to leave the shade open all the time because it makes so much damn noise.
                      mine's the same way... when it's closed it won't stay all the way closed and rattles around

mine isn't the panoramic, but still
                      Originally posted by TLS2000
                      Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
                      http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
                      GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

Working...
                      X