No announcement yet.

my review on spyder halo projectors.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **Review** my review on spyder halo projectors.

i know theres already been 1 or 2 but with different perspectives come different reviews.
    first off, i ordered mine on ebay through voltex motoring or sonar, whoever actually sells the things. got 3 different company names here, spyder, sonar and voltex so it gets confusing. but regardless, my review on these people...a bunch of idiots.
    the transaction was made on oct 3rd and the reciept said shipped. which apparently they were not actually shipped. no tracking number until the 7th, and it was the WRONG tracking number. after a few days the wrong tracking number did end up working and it said expected delivery to portsmouth (no address) was the 17th. being a saturday i knew it wouldnt come until after the weekend.
    after severla angry emails and NO responses, i finally got a response. they said the tracking number was the wrong one and gave me the new one, i tracked it and it said expected delivery date was the 11th (i believe, either way it was the day i was reading this email)
    and alas! i got my package. everything was in it, nothing damaged, box was never opened and sealed properly.
    the installation was a pain, not due to the product but do to my inexperience in changing a whole headlight assembly, specially an aftermarket one. after some splicing (for the halos and leds) and some innovating, the job was done in roughly 3 hours. now keep in mind this time frame was because of my inexperience, not the product. if i took it apart now i could get it back together in about 40 minutes. the innovating i had to do was due to the housing for some reason sitting right against the fram of the car, and making the assembly sit a little high with a big gap under the light. the fix was a nut sitting under the rearmost mount on the housing. corrected the seat just fine.
    the low beams were really dull. im going to make an assumption here and say this is because they use fog light bulbs.
    the halos, are also not very bright at all. the highbeams work wonders though.
    also upon initial install, the headlights were horribly out of aim/alignment.
    the aim them, you do need to take them back out. this process was a pain, and was done in roughly 30-45 mins. but theres many different methods of doing it, you will have to find your own. me, i took the assembly out, and rested/balanced it on the bumper right infront of the mounting area, and adjusted like so.

now as for the dullness of the lights, i just went and bought some silverstar 4000k bulbs, and now their brighter than my stock lights were, which ran the same silverstar 4000k bulbs.
    the halos, you can change the led yourself for fairly cheap. go to radio shack, pick up the color led of your choice, some resistors, and your on your way. i did not do this, and wont any time soon.
    as for the DRL lights these come with, i have no review i did not install them

and to conclude this lengthy review, i will add on to why voltex/sonar are morons.
    just today, i recieved a SECOND package. same headlights. different DRLs
    only paid and signed for 1. their loss

Re: my review on spyder halo projectors.

1. that sucks about light output, but there are plenty of threads here bashing them
    2. you need to send the second set back, don't rip people off
    3. Name of the product should be used for the thread title. Be specific.("Doctor Speed Cold Air Box" is appropriate "intake" is not)

Brand:
    Price:
    Purchased From: (URL)

Installation: (Use easy, moderate, involved, or difficult)
    Installation Time:
    Any Installation Tips You Have: (optional)

Quality of Part: (rate 1-10)
    Product Performance: (rate 1-10)
    Would you Recommend to Others:

Any Other Comments:

use it

Comment

pics?
      MODS: 20% tint around, 5% tint in back, Painted rims, Custom Headlights, Cold air intake, tinted tails, Superman Emblem (blacked out), Two 12s, Painted Door Trim,

Comment

Originally posted by bluegtp33 View Post
        1. that sucks about light output, but there are plenty of threads here bashing them
        2. you need to send the second set back, don't rip people off
        3. Name of the product should be used for the thread title. Be specific.("Doctor Speed Cold Air Box" is appropriate "intake" is not)

Brand:
        Price:
        Purchased From: (URL)

Installation: (Use easy, moderate, involved, or difficult)
        Installation Time:
        Any Installation Tips You Have: (optional)

Quality of Part: (rate 1-10)
        Product Performance: (rate 1-10)
        Would you Recommend to Others:

Any Other Comments:

use it
        i have trouble typing things up on a pre determined format. makes me lose concentration. im more of a just type and go kinda guy.
        and i did use the brand name and product name. spyder halo projectors.

and no pics, i CAN be a nice guy, and go "redo" the assembly with pics, but its raining. and the garage is a mess.

again sorry about the format, but thats just how i type efficiently.

Comment

I'd send the second set back and get a refund. You'll get more back than selling it to another user. Win though
          Mods: GT-R exhaust, CRABs O3 w/FPU, 35% tint, 5000K HID lows/fogs, upper/lower recessed grilles, Racingline strut bar, concept darts, white LED map/dome/mirror/trunk/license/reverse lights

Comment

Originally posted by Firedown View Post
            I'd send the second set back and get a refund. You'll get more back than selling it to another user. Win though
            i didnt think of that. its like, doing the right thing, halfway lol.

Comment

Love my Eagle Eyes

Comment

Working...
              X