Alarm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alarm?

Why is it that someone can abusively kick a trunk in with their foot and the damn alarm never goes off? Does anyone have a clue ? I would have a video to show but i was not allowed to have survaillence camera footage.

Unfortuantly the base alarm on the G6 (to my understanding) is only a passive one. It won't go off unless a door is unlocked without the fob, or a window breaks.

Sorry to hear about your trunk
    Originally posted by colinpeddle
    They'll begin missing us soon. Once all the threads stay on topic thru 14 pages... oh they'll miss us, our wit and our insane ability to wander off topic so effortlessly. Some day, a g5er will stop and say

Go tell the G6ers, passerby,
    That here, by G6er law, we lie
    Stranger, tell the G6ers that we behaved as they would wish us to, and are buried here.
    THIS IS G6PERFORMANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KJHLKAJDHLKJHLKAAHHHHHHHHHHHH<- battle cry.

Comment

I love how our cars are all high tech and bullcrap and they slap a piece of crap alarm system on this thing. ups to this

Comment

dealer actually told me there was NO alarm system. I found out about the alarm when I locked the car when I was inside then opened it up by pulling the button instead of using the fob.
        BCG Member #1::G6er Elite

Comment

*AHEM!* Attention please! I hereby present my fool-proof method of determining the existance or non-existance of your alarm system:

Alarm button on keyfob.

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
          - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
          - DS S3 Intake
          - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

yeah if you want a real alarm you have to get an aftermarket one.. which arent that expensive prolly under 300.00 if they can get the stock remote start (if equipped) and whatnot.. that would be awsome because the range would get farther and it would have shock sensor. My buddy has the one on his truck to where if you lean up against it it tells him on a pager
            Originally posted by Toyz
            Originally posted by simplyred
            what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
            As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

yeah if you want a real alarm you have to get an aftermarket one.. which arent that expensive prolly under 300.00 if they can get the stock remote start (if equipped) and whatnot.. that would be awsome because the range would get farther and it would have shock sensor. My buddy has the one on his truck to where if you lean up against it it tells him on a pager
              I like the ones where on the windshield it says knock here to page owner. So I knock on it, page the owner and run away.
              BMG Cofounder who happens to be a Petrolsexual
              ^ The Man
              v The Legend

Comment

hahah nice
                Originally posted by Toyz
                what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

I used to have a clifford with the pager on an older car of mine, it was awesome-showed everything from which doors are open to the trunk/hood being opened, it just showed everything on a little LCD. Loved it but it was kinda pricey years and years ago.
                  TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnycat
                    I like the ones where on the windshield it says knock here to page owner. So I knock on it, page the owner and run away.
                    Yeah the compustart/AS etc ones, those are really nice. Best line of alarms and starters in my opinion.

But you know that most of the time the pager function is turned off, not to spoil your fun.

Comment

The alarm is more a theft deterent than an actual security system. It's more to prevent someone from stealing the car, not damaging it. In all reality I'm glad to have it, since I really don't think I need anything fancy and I appreciate getting the discount on my insurance for it.

Comment

it's actually officially called "theft-deterrent system." there are no sensors to detect shock to the body, as there is with a "real" alarm.
                        2009 PONTIAC G8
                        MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

factory horn honkers are junk. get a decent alarm if you are worried about security. i love my 2 way pager system, wouldn't trade it for anything else.

Comment

I love the alarm on my truck. It is the viper 791vx. It is the "pager" one. There is a dael to extend the tranponder range from 1/4 mile max to up to 2 miles. So they say. This is a great alarm but I haven't installed one on the 6er yet because I am just lazy.
                            Originally posted by Nikki
                            You are an e-pimp.
                            Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
                            I tried too, my penis way too big
                            07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
                            My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
                            The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

The Compustar ones are pretty nice. two way communication, you can turn on your heated seats from the fob, good range, etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X