Damn crooked steering wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn crooked steering wheel

Whewn I bought the car new (8 miles) the car had a crooked steering wheel. Like, you'd drive downthe road and the car would track striaght.. but the steering wheel was cocked about 15 degrees or so to the left. THey fixxed it about 1000 miles ago and now I think it's starting to do it again. Does anyone feel liek they can't keep the car straight? Like, I'll hold the steering wheel dead on center.. and the car will go the righ ta tad.. but then occasionally, it'll track striaght. But sometimes, it'll track striaght, but the wheel is tilted to the left a bit.???

I have 3400 miles now.. I should prbably get it in before they start saying..well, it's time for an alignment, blah blah. Cuz thats bullshit. :evil:
    Straight up Pimp Trollin'
    2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
    w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

I notice it sometimes too. Not really an issue yet to the point where I want to take it in to the dealership though. After waiting for a 3-hour oil change, I'm trying to go to that place as few times as possible.
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

I haven't had an issue yet. I'll keep an eye on mine.
      "The Milwaukee Mile 5"

Comment

I hear you on that. My dealer hooks me up with a loner and whatnot.. so I'm definetly not as hessitant.

I think the steering issue has something to do with the poorly engineered electric steering.. :idea:

Comment

Ahhh I wouldn't know anything about electric steering
          -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

I bought my car new with 3 miles on it and I didn't notice the steering wheel being off center until about a month ago. Its not off by much but its enough to be noticed. I have the exact problem as you Coupe although I've never taken mine in to get it fixed. Did they pull your wheel off and realign it or is there some sort of adjustment for the electric steering?
            TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

THey said they just "Reset the toe angle". : :

Haven't the slightest clue as to what that has to do withthe wheel being crooked.. but it did correct it for a while.

Oh.. and Mike.. you can suck it!!

Comment

Well mine is only off less than a couple centimeters so I'm not too worried about it. Toe angle-would't your tires have been wearing funny then?
                TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

You would think?! :

Comment

I wonder if they can adjust the electric steering by just taking a wheel off and turning something on the unit-since its electric it seems like thats feasible but then again it may require a lot more than that.

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
                      haha werd.
                      I don't have that problem either, and my miles are racking up quick
                      2008 Chevy Cobalt SS/TC

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki
                        haha werd.
                        Umm don't you have a GTP which would mean no electric steering??

Comment

Originally posted by LoJac963
                          Originally posted by Nikki
                          haha werd.
                          Umm don't you have a GTP which would mean no electric steering??
                          Um yeah, see my quote? I said "haha werd" meaning I wouldn't know anything about electric steering.

And yes I said I don't have that problem either, cuz it may possibly not have something to do with the "electric steering" :idea:
                          2008 Chevy Cobalt SS/TC

Comment

LOL got ya, didn't read between the lines on that one I'm a little tired-due to be off work here in the next hour thank God.

Comment

Coupe Ive had the same problem. Every once in a while i can let the wheel go and my car will go perfectly straight, BUT most of the time it does go to the right by itself
                              2005 G6 V6 in granite metallic, Kenwood DDX6019 touch screen DVD radio, 2 12" Kicker Solo-Baric L7s, Dynamat, Orion 2400 amp, Power Acoustik 4F cap, XBOX 360, Chrome window trim, Quicklift kit

Comment

Working...
                              X