programming key fob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• programming key fob

I was messing around under the dash of my G6 the other day, and unplugged some wrong cables, i guess, as after i did that, neither one of my key fobs will do anything with the car. I'm guessing that i unplugged wherever the car keeps it's memory of which fobs work with that car.
    Anyone know how to program them back to the car, or am i required to go to the dealer and spend $50 to have them do it?

thanks,
    steve

they have to do it. sorry. Unless you have a programer thing and the data for it.
    Originally posted by Nikki
    You are an e-pimp.
    Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
    I tried too, my penis way too big
    07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
    My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
    The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

i figured as much.

thanks for the reply
      steve

Comment

go to the dealership and play stupid hahaha thats what I would do
        Originally posted by Toyz
        Originally posted by simplyred
        what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
        As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

go to the dealership and play stupid hahaha thats what I would do
          Actually that would probably work. "My key fob just stopped working!"
          Originally posted by colinpeddle
          They'll begin missing us soon. Once all the threads stay on topic thru 14 pages... oh they'll miss us, our wit and our insane ability to wander off topic so effortlessly. Some day, a g5er will stop and say

Go tell the G6ers, passerby,
          That here, by G6er law, we lie
          Stranger, tell the G6ers that we behaved as they would wish us to, and are buried here.
          THIS IS G6PERFORMANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KJHLKAJDHLKJHLKAAHHHHHHHHHHHH<- battle cry.

Comment

Toss a couple pos's in there to... "hey f**ker, this pos fob just stopped working... WTF"
            Originally posted by Toyz
            what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
            As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

I have a key fob from my Gran Prix, it had much better range than my G6 if I took it and got it reprogrammed would it get the better range? or is because the receiver in the g6 is weaker?

Comment

Originally posted by quintin66
                I have a key fob from my Gran Prix, it had much better range than my G6 if I took it and got it reprogrammed would it get the better range? or is because the receiver in the g6 is weaker?
                Depending on the year, I'd HIGHLY doubt that the remotes are interchangeable among dissimilar. (Malibu/G6/Aura, maybe, but GP/G6, not likely)
                2009 PONTIAC G8
                MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Depending on the year, I'd HIGHLY doubt that the remotes are interchangeable among dissimilar. (Malibu/G6/Aura, maybe, but GP/G6, not likely)
                  you maybe right, the gp was a 2005 and the key fob looks identical. Just thought of something else, my Grand Prix came with a Valet key, didn't get one for the g6, I never used it, but it is just curious.

Comment

you maybe right, the gp was a 2005 and the key fob looks identical. Just thought of something else, my Grand Prix came with a Valet key, didn't get one for the g6, I never used it, but it is just curious.
                    hmm...if it's an 05, there's always a chance. hit up e2helper, he'd probably be able to tell you for sure...
                    2009 PONTIAC G8
                    MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Valet Key?

Comment

yeah a Valet key to give when there is valet parking, it only works the ignition and the driver door, not the trunk or glove compartment, it may lock out some electrical functions too, I don't remember. the G6 probably doesn't come with it because it is a lesser model on the Pontiac hierarchy.

Comment

Wouldn't that be useless anyways since the G6 doesn't have a glove lock, and you could always push the button to open the trunk like practically all cars have?

Comment

just a quick question because I'm curious, why were you under the dash unplugging wires?
                            TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Originally posted by LoJac963
                              just a quick question because I'm curious, why were you under the dash unplugging wires?

someone had to ask it...i wasn't gonna be the one!
                              2009 PONTIAC G8
                              MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Working...
                              X