Upgrading to a 6 cd changer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading to a 6 cd changer

Will I run into any problems switching out a single disc cd player (upgrade) to the stock 6 disc changer? Theft-lock or otherwise?
    I've got one on order (sorta) and would like some advice on install and such.

I did it. The theft lock is the only issue but all you have to do is have the vin of the ride the 6 disc came from and take it in to the dealer to reprogram. After that you will have a 6 disc. Really easy to do.
    Originally posted by Nikki
    You are an e-pimp.
    Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
    I tried too, my penis way too big
    07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
    My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
    The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

What did they charge you to do that?

Comment

an hour of shop time. It took longer because they were retarded and programed it for the 4 spoke s wheel but after I straightened them out it was quick. Like 50 bucks I think.
        Originally posted by Nikki
        You are an e-pimp.
        Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
        I tried too, my penis way too big
        07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
        My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
        The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

First I was told by an idiot tech at one dealership that it would cost me 2+ hours of labor to do because of all the legwork in getting a new program to scan into the car to tell 'everypart of the car' that I had a different radio. I took it to another dealer and they charged me $47. They also screwed up the fourspoke/three spoke thing at first.

Comment

Re: Upgrading to a 6 cd changer

Originally posted by Me.mine
            Will I run into any problems switching out a single disc cd player (upgrade) to the stock 6 disc changer? Theft-lock or otherwise?
            I've got one on order (sorta) and would like some advice on install and such.
            How much and where did you purchase the factory 6 disc changer? Thanks!

Comment

what happens if they program it for a 4 spoke wheel?
              TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

better yet why is the radio tied into the wheels?
                BCG Member #1::G6er Elite

Comment

Originally posted by reubenk
                  They're talking about the steering wheel

Maybe the 4 spoke has different buttons than the 3 spoke? Like a mute or source button?

Comment

Originally posted by jnak
                    Originally posted by reubenk
                    They're talking about the steering wheel

Maybe the 4 spoke has different buttons than the 3 spoke? Like a mute or source button?
                    OH I dont have that on mine. I totally forgot that was an option.
                    BCG Member #1::G6er Elite

Comment

Working...
                    X