SIMONIZ SYSTEM 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIMONIZ SYSTEM 5

I bought Simoniz System 5 Paint sealant off of Ebay after doing some research , it is the best stuff I've ever used. System 5 really makes the color and shine come out. This is the same paint sealant aplied at some dealerships with a five year warranty (warranty is only when aplied at dealerships) . I aplied it to my 2007 Pontiac G6 GT Convertible with Blue Gold Crystal metalic paint , it really brings out the Gold in the Blue. This paint sealant can only be purchased from Ebay because it is only sold to dealerships. The best price is 1 for $10.00 plus around $5 or $6 shipping. There are 2 bottles (one is the wash used before the sealant and the sealant).

This should maybe be in the Review section.
    2009 Panther Black G8 GT
    334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

Any before and after pictures?

Comment

SIMONIZ SYSTEM 5

Sorry about putting it in the wrong forum , it was ment to be a detailing thing but ended up as being more of a review. Sorry. I will try to post some pictures later in the summer but since it's a new car and pictures really can't capture the difference , I'm not sure if it would help anyone. Try it once and you'll want more. I have one bottle left and I just ordered 2 more.

Comment

Just making sure that you do know that, nothing will last 5 years right? NOTHING. We're at 6 months tops as far as waxes/sealants go.

Welcome btw.

Comment

SIMONIZ SYSTEM 5

Yes I realize this but if it's done at a dealership I guess they will reaply it within the five years. Since it's a paint sealant I'm sure it's a lot better than just regular wax. As long as I can buy it I will aply it every 6 months. I just know that it seems to be better than wax as far as I can see , and I've used a lot of different waxes. There are 2 4oz bottles (wash & sealant) and if done correctly (by the directions) it will do an entire car , with maybe a little left over for touchup. I use a buffer to aply.

Comment

Yeah sealants will last a lot longer than waxes, most people think they are the same thing and they're not.

You'll give up some shine and gloss, because sealant is protection first shine second. Waxes are the other way around, which is why I always use sealants in the winter since it has superior protection ability.

As long as you have good luck with it and like it, that's what matters most. Glad to hear it works for ya. If you ever want to try something new maybe look into Klasse, best sealant I've ever used.

Comment

The only thing I've found out about sealants ,like this one is that just because it has Teflon in it does not mean that it will make a difference in protection , only removal of the sealant. I"ve heard yes it helps as a protectant and I've heard no, that in order for Teflon to stick it needs high temps . so I'm not sure. That is one reason I bought it is for the Teflon and it's a lot cheaper than some of the Teflon sealants I've looked at on the Internet.

Comment

Do you have another car that maybe you could do half and half so we can see the difference.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/WS6Racing" Totaly Badged 2006 Red GT Loaded
                  Originally posted by [i
                  Nancy Reagan[/i]]"Theres no such thing as a stupid question, theres just stupid people that ask questions" 1987

Comment

The Teflon in the sealant is just a gimmick, like you mentioned for it to be any good it would have to be baked on. Now it may make a slight difference but you'd never be able to tell, it's just there for a boasting right I guess.

Look at it this way, no harm in having it but by no means that should be the selling point of any product.

Comment

I might have to give this a go since I rarely even wax my car let alone seal it.
                      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

I was thinking about waking my car today, since there is no rain in the forcast. Wondering if I should get sealant. any other brands you would suggest?

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight
                          I was thinking about waking my car today,
                          Is your car asleep??
                          TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

ha ha nope, but apparently I am.

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight
                              I was thinking about waking my car today, since there is no rain in the forcast. Wondering if I should get sealant. any other brands you would suggest?
                              See if you can find some Meguiar's #21.

Comment

Working...
                              X