Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Location Of Caliper Pins

Hey guys,

I lurk here for answers to questions but in this case I can't find the answer I am looking for. I took apart my caliper and removed the caliper pins, to clean them, grease them, and change the boot hardware and now I don't know which caliper pin goes in which location (I know, rookie mistake.)

As you probably know the each caliper has a pin with a rubber stopper on the top and one pin that is straight metal. I am hoping that someone can tell me the correct location for these.

I did find this written by “ahuhn” as a reply to a similar post but it never seemed to be confirmed. He wrote “i belive they go on the bottomin the front the the top in the rear not totaly sure though “

Thanks,
    gnoob

Re: Location Of Caliper Pins

My dad talked to the dealer and he said that they told him that the pin with the rubber stopper always goes on the caliper where it first meets the spinning rotor. That would make it the bottom on the rears and the tops on the fronts.

Comment

I changed mine all out and still dont know what your talking about.... Pix?

Oh wait...you mean total disassembly of the caliper??
      Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
      Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
      WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Originally posted by gnoob View Post
        My dad talked to the dealer and he said that they told him that the pin with the rubber stopper always goes on the caliper where it first meets the spinning rotor. That would make it the bottom on the rears and the tops on the fronts.
        this would be correct..

Current Modifications: 18' Sky Wheels w/ 245/40-18 Tires, 25mm Spacers, Megan Racing Coilovers, Racingline STB, JPE Rear Camber Kit, Energy Suspension Poly Bushings, Painted Calipers, Double Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Ceramic Brake Pads, Street Series MMI, CRABS with FPU, NGK Iridium Plugs, Kingsborne 8mm Wires, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Custom 2ga Grounding Kit, DDM 6k HIDs High/Low/Fog, Halos, High/Fog Mod, Chrome Recessed Upper and Lower Grills, GM Ground Effects Kit, GXP Rear Bumper, GXP Sedan Hammerhead, 15% Tint, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Painted Mirror Caps, Tinted Tails, QuickLifts, PAC Audio Input, Interior LED Conversion, Dash LED Accents, 3W LED Trunk Lighting

Comment

Yes, that is correct. I took apart the entire caliper. I will try to get pictures of them tonight, when I am home from work, for everyones benefit.

Comment

Sorry, I did not get the pictures posted earlier but things got crazy and I did not get a chance to post.

I think people that responded understand what I am talking about but maybe this will help others that have the same question about the pins.

Thanks for all the help Lampoon & cmessick. I really appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
            X