GTP wannabe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTP wannabe

So went to jnak's this afternoon to swap his GTP exhaust on to my GT. I handled the rear valence and he did everything else. I used a benzomatic torch beer bottle and the biggest piece of shit hacksaw ever to make the 2nd outlet. I broke the blade in a couple of minutes.

looks good from a distance

looks okay from closer up

Looks hillbilly up close
    BMG Cofounder who happens to be a Petrolsexual
    ^ The Man
    v The Legend

Here is an easy fix to make it look a little better. Tale a soldering iron and melt the edges to clean it up. You do know that it costs 75 bucks for a real one right?
    Originally posted by Nikki
    You are an e-pimp.
    Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
    I tried too, my penis way too big
    07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
    My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
    The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

This is just temporary. Once I've spent my wad on christmas, Im getting a new one
      ^ The Man
      v The Legend

Comment

take it easy with that wad
        TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

I am still waiting for your "How to" on how to cut an extra outlet in your rear valence using a torch, a plastic hacksaw and a beer bottle.

Comment

you could probably also use a dremel and sanding bit to smooth that out. chances are with the speed the dremel spins at, it will melt as you go along the edge anyway.

Looks good though.
            -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

I was going to say dremel too.....

Good enough for a quick job though. So , how is the wonderful world of dual exhaust?
              2010 F150 XLT SuperCrew

Comment

Niiiiice :P

Comment

Doesnt look bad, the dual exhaust does look good on it! You can try what Mike suggested with the drumel and it will melt it as you go. Then while melting it maybe able to file to knock it off before it sets up if you know what am talking about and then might look acceptable then not have to change it out
                  2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
                  Gotta have it Green color
                  Brembo brake package
                  420 HP 5.0L
                  Ford Racing Power Pack
                  GT500 track pack differential cover
                  BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

Or just wait until after the christmas cash crunch is over and buy the GTP valance.....
                    2010 F150 XLT SuperCrew

Comment

that does look pretty good! but yeah.. crunchy edges

and the hole you made looks a bit bigger than the stock one on the valence

Boss Lady for the Blue Man Group

I'm back and ready for action!

Comment

A drummel at low speeds can do wonders as well. Looks okay but it could looc great.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/WS6Racing" Totaly Badged 2006 Red GT Loaded
                        Originally posted by [i
                        Nancy Reagan[/i]]"Theres no such thing as a stupid question, theres just stupid people that ask questions" 1987

Comment

He said he didn't want it to look TOO good, otherwise he'd just say "fuck it" and leave it on like that. I think he's planning to swap it for a real GTP valence sometime after Christmas.

Comment

yup. Unless I get a dremel for christmas, then I'd have to try it out.

I guess I could try the grinder I picked up to chop up my old exhaust
                            ^ The Man
                            v The Legend

Comment

Working...
                            X