has any 1 changed bulbs in tail lights to led's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• has any 1 changed bulbs in tail lights to led's

has any one done this yet & any problems with it my buddy did his old neon kept poping fues
    please post pics if you got them thanks
    My Best 1/4mile time 14.94 auto gtp

Actually I have been replacing all my bulbs interior and exterior with LED's however I havne't done it yet to the tail lights. I'm looking at a lot of different designs on Ebay and can't really set my mind on one set. However the problem with the fuses might be in the relay, usually when you replace filament bulbs with LED in the tail lights you need an LED flasher relay to ensure the LED's receive the proper power and it also prevents them from flashing too quickly or not flashing at all.
    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

I changed mine, and quickly went back to the originals. The LEDs would not glow brighter with the brake pedal depressed.
      3.5L, 17"'s;Intake;Coated battery tray engine cover and exhaust shield;Nokya Highs Lows Fogs;Red Interior Lights and trunk;Red Neons;Shaved trunk emblems and filled front emblem;CF Door Pillars and handles;CF shift knob, dash, guages, and door kit;CF speakers; XM;GTP Fascia and Dual exhaust.

Comment

some one told me sometimes you have to get special relays if you change you lights to leds like tail lights turn signals stuff like that
        might be why it did not work can any one who has done this post pics please thanks
        My Best 1/4mile time 14.94 auto gtp

Comment

Don't they make LED bulbs for these type of things? There's gotta be someone somewhere that makes an LED bulb that lights up, then gets brighter with the brake..etc. You got the right number bulb right? Because there's always like, 5 different numbers for each bulb on the car.
          -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Ah, just wait till someone comes out with some clear euro tail lights for the G6
            2005 G6 V6 in granite metallic, Kenwood DDX6019 touch screen DVD radio, 2 12" Kicker Solo-Baric L7s, Dynamat, Orion 2400 amp, Power Acoustik 4F cap, XBOX 360, Chrome window trim, Quicklift kit

Comment

The actual LED tail light bulbs are out and have been out forever on Ebay and I already addressed the relay information in my first post on this topic. Those can be found on ebay also.
              TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

ok, to answer the question to this post...yes I just did the other day
                -Mike #1

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Comment

and what did you do?

Comment

yeah i wanna know to

Comment

Mike... wasnt the coupes tails different then sedan (bulbs) because I thought I tried looking before but couldnt seem to find the sedan bulb in LED form?!
                      Originally posted by Toyz
                      Originally posted by simplyred
                      what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                      As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Originally posted by simplyred
                        Mike... wasnt the coupes tails different then sedan (bulbs) because I thought I tried looking before but couldnt seem to find the sedan bulb in LED form?!
                        just the reverse light bulb was different I believe. The running light is a 194, and the turn/brake bulb was a 3157/3057 bulb, same as the front turn signal.

anyway, I bought those other two bulbs in LED form along with a load resistor, and it works great. Look for pics and vids in the 'pics' section a little later today
                        -Mike #1

Comment

awesome!
                          Originally posted by TLS2000
                          Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
                          http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
                          GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

Working...
                          X